Nurse Practitioner-Outpatient Psychiatric
Company: Hire Velocity
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
This and other nurse practitioner jobs brought to you by
Serves as an advanced practice nurse in the area of psychiatric
mental health nursing working in patient care activities. Functions
include providing psychiatric evaluations and medication management
for outpatient clients. Prescriptive authority is accomplished
through collaboration with a psychiatrist.
- Actively supports, promotes and works to fulfill the Mission,
Vision and Values of Forest View Hospital.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Service Excellence
- Meets all competency and education requirements annually per
department standards, which will include age specific-growth and
Adheres to hospital standards of attendance and punctuality.
Adheres to hospital standards on all mandatory in service
requirements and departmental meetings.
Upholds dignity for self, patients, colleges, and others. Utilizes
professional and therapeutic approaches to treatment, without
regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability,
socioeconomic status or faith. Maintains appropriate
confidentiality, appropriate therapeutic and ethical boundaries at
- Competent in assessing, planning, and delivering care for
patients with all psychiatric disorders.
- Complies with all Outpatient Policies and Procedures as
outlined by the Outpatient Clinic and Forest View Hospital to
maintain consistency of care across the practice and maintain
compliance with governing bodies and accreditation commissions.
Principle Job Functions and Responsibilities
Provides short term and ongoing medication management to Outpatient
- Provides education as needed to patients, families, and
significant others about psychiatric medication, psychiatric
conditions and care giver interventions.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed and brief telephone
assessment for adverse events and patient's clinical
- Works with Director of Outpatient Services to maintain
schedule, including requests for time off and absences.
- Works within confines of defined service types, schedule and
billable services as determined by the Outpatient
- Provides ongoing treatment for all inpatients.
- Assume Safety Responsibilities:
- Report any/all safety concerns to Director, Loss Control
Coordinator, Maintenance and/or EOC Committee member.
- If injured, will complete with Director, an Employee Accident
Report and submit it to the Loss Control Coordinator.
- Will report accidents to the Loss Control Coordinator by the
end of the shift or within 24 hours of injury.
- If work related injury results in a back injury employee will
go through the Back Injury Prevention Training with the Staff
- If injured, will abide by the Return to Work/Light Duty Program
- Will abide by the Hospital's Safety Policies.
Responsibilities delegated by Psychiatrist:
Formulating an appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical
examination, and clinical findings.
Ordering appropriate diagnostic tests.
Prescribing pharmacologic agents, which may include communication
with pharmacies and insurance companies for authorization.
Providing information/education and obtaining informed consent for
Prescribing nonpharmacologic therapies.
Making appropriate referrals to other health professionals and
Determining the effectiveness of the plan of care through
documentation of patient care outcomes.
Reassessing and modifying the plan as necessary to achieve medical
and health goals.
Participating in quality assurance review on a periodic basis,
including systematic review of records and treatment plans.
Documenting evaluations, progress notes and discharge summaries, in
compliance with insurance standards and governing bodies.
Assures provision of nursing care in accordance with the Michigan
Mental Health Code, accreditation standards, licensing rules and
regulations, legal aspects, hospital policies/procedures, and
standards of nursing care and practice.
Documents all clinical activities according to policy.
Minimum Skills, Experience, Licensure, Insurance, and Educational
Must be an RN, licensed to practice in the State of Michigan. Work
requires advanced practice nursing knowledge with a Masters in
Psychiatric- Mental Health Nursing. Holds a Nurse Practitioner
Specialty License by the Michigan Department of Commerce and
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Hire Velocity, Grand Rapids , Nurse Practitioner-Outpatient Psychiatric, Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!