RN/Nurse Supervisor- OB and Peds (Nights)
Company: Mercy Health
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Night ShiftDescription:Assist Med
Surg Director and Managers with MHM mission, values and Trinity
Health strategic initiatives.A unique opportunity in nursing
leadership with Mercy Health in Muskegon, MI for a RN Supervisor
role supporting OB and Peds.
- 40 hr., 8 hr./shift primarily 3rd shift position
- 11 pm to 7 am
- M - F; no weekends, no holidays (unless needed for special
- Labor & Delivery, Post Partum, and Nursery
- 2,000 + deliveries a year
- 10 labor rooms, 2 ORs, and 20 post partum roomsPosition
Summary:The Clinical Supervisor Coordinates patient care activities
and services according to the hospital's mission, goals and
objectives. Integrates patient care services with all hospital
departments to ensure timely and efficient service delivery.What
the RN/Nurse Supervisor will do:
- Develops master plans (with manager/staff input) for areas of
responsibility that support mission and strategic plan of the
- Develops budgets for area/s of responsibility and monitors
expenditures and effective utilization of financial resources.
- Identifies unit staff needs and allocates appropriate nursing
staff on a daily basis consistent with department standards and
cost center accountability.
- Develops and implements performance standards. Promotes
continuous improvement through innovation and work redesign.
Completes PPE's as scheduled.
- Assures unit practices are monitored. Ensures adherence to
accrediting and regulatory standards of patient care. Review/revise
unit specific policies and procedures/ standards/ protocols
- Facilitates orientation and in-service needs of staff are met.
Develops/implements competency plans for each category of staff on
a yearly basis. Complete own competencies.
- Recommends and/or takes necessary action for staff transfer,
promotion, disciplinary action, including termination.
- Communicates with subordinates, peers and supervisor on a
regular basis to ensure continuity of patient care.What the
RN/Nurse Supervisor will need:
- Graduate of accredited educational program for professional
nursing. BSN preferred.
- BCLS certification, ACLS preferred.
- Michigan Registered Nurse licensure required.
- Three years clinical nursing experience.
- Demonstrate ability and skill in the management of
organizational change and continuous quality improvement
- Evidence of creative and innovative approaches to achieving
- Ability to facilitate staff development through appropriate
coaching, mentoring, and counseling.Trinity Health's Commitment to
Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Mercy Health, Grand Rapids , RN/Nurse Supervisor- OB and Peds (Nights), Healthcare , Muskegon, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!