Company: Wedgwood Christian Services
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: June 25, 2022
JOB GOAL: Responsible for assessing, organizing, tracking, and
delivering medical care services to residents of Wedgwood, and for
providing physical health consultation and brief injury care to
staff employed by the agency.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide health assessments for residential clients at admission
and as needed throughout their stay.
- Assist with maintaining client's medical files, assuring that
licenser regulations and Wedgwood standards of care are
- Provide immunizations for clients and staff; provide TB skin
tests for staff as requested.
- Provide treatments for minor physical injuries for both clients
- Provide COVID testing as indicated by COVID protocol.
- Coordinate appointments with physicians, psychiatrists as
- Transcribe physician's orders to medication history sheet and
inform direct care staff of prescribed treatments.
- Educate staff on treatment procedures and assure that all
prescribed treatments are followed.
- Monitor the effects of services in improving the health of
- Provide supervision of medication distribution, assuring that
medications changes are implemented and that medications are given
- Act as a consultant for staff, family/guardians of residents,
and residents on medical and psychiatric issues.
- Provide in-service training for staff on health-related topics
(e.g., universal precautions, first aid, CPR, etc.), as
- Teach clients about any aspect of disease (especially HIV, TB,
and STD's), diet, normal adolescent development, etc.
- Visit home settings regularly to assess medical concerns and
demonstrate triage ability.
- Document all nursing interventions in the client's electronic
- Inform supervisor of any medical/safety issues relative to the
living/working environment at the agency.
- Regular participation in supervision meetings and team meetings
for the sharing of ideas, feedback, and department planning.
- Responsible for timely Quality Assurance compliance as related
to employee's roles and functions.
- On-call availability for consultation or assistance as
required. On-call compensation is paid at a rate of 2 hours of
wages for each weekday and 5 hours for each weekend day.
- Other duties as assignedQUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program of professional
- Must possess current license as a Registered Nurse from the
State Board of Nursing.
- At least two years of experience working within a hospital,
residential facility or an industrial setting preferred; prior
experience working with an adolescent population is preferred.
- Subscription to the Statement of Faith of Wedgwood Christian
Services and agreement with the goal, purpose and objectives of the
agency.HOURS OF WORK: Sunday- Saturday, variable hoursBENEFITS:
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Low cost medical plans with great coverage options
- Holistic dental and vision plans
- Pet insurance
- Legal insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- A Locally Partnered Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive time off
- Direct deposit
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Holidays
- We also offer a variety of employer paid benefits for full time
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- Life insurance up to 2x your annual salary
- Wedgwood is proud to offer a full gymnasium with an attached
24hr wellness center that houses a wide variety of workout
equipment. Wedgwood is happy to provide this space to our staff at
- Walking trail that leads around the beautiful campus.Wedgwood
Christian ServicesSince 1960, Wedgwood Christian Services has been
dedicated to aggressively taking on the toughest problems facing
children and families through residential care, counseling
services, and community programs. Our goal is to support and help
restore the physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual
well-being of children, adults, and families in our
community.Wedgwood is a local West Michigan agency, with offices
bordering the coast of the beautiful Lake Michigan. Our main office
is headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, ranked in the top tier
of the Best Places to Live in America according to Business
Mission: Wedgwood Christian Services extends God's love to youth,
adults, and families through professional counseling and
Core Values: Integrity, Compassion, Excellence, and DiversityPay
starting at $29/hr +
Keywords: Wedgwood Christian Services, Grand Rapids , Nurse (PT), Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!