Company: Kona Medical Consulting
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARYProvides services to clients in
accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, Agency policy, and
accepted professional standards of practice.The Registered Nurse
provides nursing services utilizing a comprehensive base of nursing
theory and nursing process and communicates/documents observations
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN,
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) of
- Current CPR certification
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with
state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Good driving
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or
- With Pharmacology experience; ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the practice of
professional nursing in accordance with the State Nurse Practice
Act and standards for home health nursing.
- Performs comprehensive assessments of client status, including
physical, psychosocial, and environmental parameters.
- Completes comprehensive assessments including OASIS data set
- eight (48) hours of referral for speech therapy unless other
arrangements are made.
- Develops and/or follows an individualized Plan of Care that
incorporates analysis of data and current scientific findings.
- Provides skilled interventions with a focus on achieving
realistic client outcomes within a specified time period.
- Reports changes and information necessary to modify and update
the care plan to reflect progress towards goals (outcomes).
- Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing
skills according to the personal and legal scope of practice:
- Assessment skills as applied to the client, family/support
system, and environment.
- Teaching skills according to the client's needs and within the
context of the client's environment, value system, and
- Medication administrations.
- Practices nursing with respect for individual, cultural, and
- Communicates effectively and in accordance with Agency
- Reports significant changes in client status to the physician
and other members of the team in a timely manner consistent with
- Maintains client records showing systematic assessment,
planning intervention, and evaluation.
- Participates in team meetings and clarifies individualized
reporting responsibilities with all new assignments.
- Documents legibly and according to Agency documentation
guidelines and standards.
- Follows Agency guidelines for completion of forms, reflecting
the orders and care plan. Submits forms weekly--including all
communication and coordination.
- Initiates actions to improve the quality of patient care. Takes
appropriate actions independently and responsively in-home care
situations. Initiates referrals as needed to other health team
members when delegated by the Case Manager.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by
complying with established policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
- Assesses environmental safety and takes initiative to prevent
accidents and promote safety.
- Notifies the supervisor of the need for review and/or training
related to equipment, procedures, or safety/infection control
- Participates in ongoing, professional self-development.
- Participates in all mandatory education per Agency
- Identifies needs for personal professional growth.
- Demonstrates competency in areas of assignment or identifies
the need for additional training (pediatrics, infusion, specialized
- Supervises applicable home care team members as delegated by RN
- Performs other duties as assigned.Important Reminder to all
interested applicants:Kindly avoid calling our office contact
numbers. This may cause the invalidation of your application. All
applicants shall only be processed through our official job boards
and email addresses.
Keywords: Kona Medical Consulting, Grand Rapids , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!