Physical Therapist - PRN Coverage/Weekends
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Assumes full responsibility for evaluating patient's need for
physical therapy. Plans and executes individual treatment programs
in accordance with the State of Michigan licensure and PT scope of
practice. Keeps treatment skills upgraded through continuing
education, evidence based research, and program development.
Perform job responsibilities in accordance with the program's
strategic objectives and goals to carry out organizational
strategic objectives.Essential Job Responsibilities:Each job
responsibility is related to the MFB Pillars of Excellence. The
responsibility is identified to a pillar by the following letters:
Q (Quality), S (Service), P (People), G (Growth), F
- Staff will provide patient care, treatment, and services within
the scope of their license, certification or registration and as
required by law and regulation.
- Provides patient care. (Q)
- Evaluates patient condition.
- Establishes treatment goals in collaboration with patient and
family as appropriate, and in collaboration with the treatment
team. Treatment goals should be interdisciplinary and
patient-centered whenever possible. Establishes written treatment
plan, and administers treatment for each patient according to the
stated goals. Delegates responsibilities to physical therapist
assistants and rehabilitation technicians as appropriate.
- Re-evaluates patient's status and effects of treatment. Revises
treatment plan as necessary. Reviews revised goals with patient and
family as appropriate.
- Evaluates patient's need for medical equipment and orders the
appropriate equipment as necessary. Evaluates equipment upon
delivery and instructs patient, patient's family and health care
workers on its use.
- Participates in planning for patient discharge by considering
and communicating with patient, family, community support/services
and environmental limitations.
- Demonstrates competence in relevant software and hardware
required to meet job responsibilities. (Q)
- Documents patient's status and progress through initial
evaluation, progress notes, and discharge summary according to
established internal/external time standards and adherence to
reimbursement guidelines. (Q)
- Communicates with others to integrate physical therapy
treatment with all aspects of patient care. (Q,S)
- Participates in conferences/discussions as needed and exchange
of written records with other interdisciplinary team members to
integrate physical therapy treatment plan.
- Instructs the patient and the family in physical therapy
procedures as part of providing patient and family education
including written instructions as necessary.
- Attends various meetings and in-services as designated.
- Follows all hospital policy and procedures including but not
limited to patient confidentiality and infection control. (Q)
- Meets or exceeds program productivity expectations. (F)
- Provides discipline specific coverage (following cross
training) within the Mary Free Bed system as requested.(F,S)
- Adheres to the Mary Free Bed Standards of Behavior when working
with patients, coworkers and members of the community. (Q,S,P)
- Supports program operations as assigned. (Q, S, P, G, F)
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as clinical instructor for physical therapy students.
Supervises, teaches, and evaluates skills of students. Communicates
with participating universities regarding skill levels of students.
- Participates in program development and/or research activities
as assigned. (Q, G)
- Participates in orientation and training of new staff. (Q,
P)Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training
- Graduate of Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy
- Licensure with the State of Michigan.
- Possesses and maintains BLS certification to meet
- Physical Demands
- The physical ability to lift, position, and transport
- The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist,
crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb.
- The ability to hear, speak, write, and see (correctable
- The ability to frequently lift up to 75 pounds, and
occasionally lift in excess of 75 pounds.
- The ability to occasionally push, pull, or carry weight
anywhere from 1 to 100+ pounds while assisting patients and moving
- The ability to exert up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally,
10-20 pounds of force frequently, and exert up to 10 pounds of
force constantly.Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other
legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, Grand Rapids , Physical Therapist - PRN Coverage/Weekends, Healthcare , Cadillac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!