Registered Nurse Pediatric ICU FT Nights Orlando
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionRegistered Nurse Pediatric ICU AdventHealth for
Children Up to $12,500 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation
availablefor eligible candidates (see terms below) Location
Address:601 East Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32803 Top Reasons to work
at AdventHealth for Children:
- As one of the premier childrens health systems in the nation,
AdventHealth for Children sets the standard for innovation, quality
and comprehensive care. Our technologically advanced, flagship
facility is designed by WaltDisney Imagineers to be
- Across Central Florida, there are more than 300 dedicated,
pediatric beds 200 of which are located at the tertiary childrens
hospital in Orlando.
- We have assembled a world-class team of doctors, specialists,
nurses and health care professionals that utilizes some of the most
advanced technologies, therapies and treatments available to care
for our patients. This includes 140 pediatric specialists
practicing 35 subspecialties and 800+ Pediatric specialty trained
- For a second time, the American Nurses Credentialing Center
(ANCC) has granted AdventHealth for Children Magnet recognition,
which establishes the hospital as a national leader in nursing and
patient care. Only seven-percent of the nations hospitals have
received this recognition.
- Comprehensive Heart Center with a multidisciplinary team
including congenital heart disease experts and elite pediatric
- Level IV Comprehensive Pediatric Epilepsy Center featuring the
highest designation awarded by the National Association of Epilepsy
- Duke Health affiliate in pediatric bone marrow transplant
(BMT); the Kids Beating Cancer BMT program is the first of its kind
in Central Florida and is internationally accredited by the
Foundation for the Accreditation of CellularTherapy (FACT).
- Only pediatric liver transplant program in CentralFlorida, in
partnership with UPMC Childrens Hospital ofPittsburgh.
- Level III NICU offering the highest level of care available to
neonatal babies and recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the
Best Childrens Hospital for newborn care in Florida.
- Want to see what its like to work with us? Click here for a
virtual tour of the AdventHealth for Children campus! Unit
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at AdventHealth for
Children provides specialized comprehensive care for infants and
children that require continuous monitoring. The PICU offers 22
critical care beds that are all centrally monitored. Children who
come to the PICU often have significant breathing problems, heart
defects, complications from diabetes or injuries sustained from
non-accidental traumas. Our caregivers are trained to deal
specifically with these critical cases.
- Our physicians are board certified pediatric intensivists and
are available on the unit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Procedures
and treatments available within the unit for our critical pediatric
patients include endotracheal intubations, CVL insertions and
management, lumbar punctures, exchange transfusions, invasive and
non-invasive mechanical ventilation, blood product administration,
ECMO, hemodialysis, continuous renal replacement therapy, surgical
procedures, and advanced respiratory therapy including nitric
- In addition to specialty trained pediatric ICU providers, nurse
practitioners, anesthesiologists, surgeons, nurses, and respiratory
therapists there are a wide variety of support services available
to the PICU patients and families. Support services include, but
are not limited to, pediatric trained: palliative care,
nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers, Pediatric Vascular
Access team, ST/OT and PT, pastoral care and child life
specialists. These disciplines participate directly in the unit
multidisciplinary family centered rounds which occur twice daily to
keep our team and families informed with the most update
information on the patients condition. Work Hours/Shift:Full Time,
Nights, 7 pm 7 am Sign-on Bonus Eligibility:
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within twelve (12) months are not eligible.
- Internal candidates are not eligible. Relocation Eligibility:
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address. You Will Be
- Nursing Process: Completes timely assessments per Practice
Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental,
sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs
of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions
and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential
health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA],
- Nursing Process: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets
measurable and achievable short and long-range gals for the patient
(ANA, 2012), assisting in the developmental and implementation of
an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow-up
assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing
practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care
including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King,
- Nursing Knowledge: Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret diagnostic data relative to the patient age and
condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive
monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice
reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all
diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment
associated with unit patient population.
- Patient Safety: Nursing practice reflects the application of
knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory
standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres
to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes
advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it
out in accordance with plan of care.
- Communication: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by
abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent
nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic
communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but
not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability
to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all
interactions with the patient to their level of understanding.
Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing
thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of
command when appropriate. QualificationsWhat Will You Need:
Education and Experience Required
- Graduate of a school of Nursing Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Licensure, Certification, or
- Current valid State of Florida or multi-state license as a
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification Licensure,
Certification, or Registration Preferred
- Professional certification Job Summary The Registered
Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and
supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities
to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process
(assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the
goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth
Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of app
applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting
bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and
accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all. This facility is an equal opportunity
employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth, Grand Rapids , Registered Nurse Pediatric ICU FT Nights Orlando, Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!