Registered Nurse: Sub-Acute Rehab, FT 72 hr/pp Nights (BONUS Eligible up to 10k)
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are looking for a Great Registered Nurse to join our Sub-
Acute Rehab/ Skilled Nursing Team!SummaryRegistered Nurses at Mary
Free Bed are a key member of the multi-disciplinary team that
collaborates together to provide patient-centered care. Within the
Nursing Department, RNs coordinate, direct, delegate, and provide
care to multiple patients. Using a patient and family-centered care
approach, each RN develops relationships with patients, families,
and colleagues that enhance the quality of care provided. Nursing
care is performed with compassion and courtesy, and each RN is
responsible to follow departmental policies and service standards.
Patient and family education is a primary focus of rehabilitation
nursing, and is a critical aspect of the interdisciplinary team's
efforts to assist patients to gain independence, apply adaptation
strategies, and return to home.
- Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal
connects all MFB employees.
- Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach
and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities
- Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization
while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small
- Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that his/her
co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our
family, patients, staff and community.
- A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our
patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our
employees with pride.Essential Job Responsibilities
- A. Staff will provide patient care, treatment, and services
within the scope of their license, certification or registration
and as required by law and regulation.
- Quality Pillar of Excellence
- Quality Nursing Care - The Registered Nurse is responsible for
all nursing care provided to patients at Mary Free Bed. Through
careful assessment of each patient, interdisciplinary
collaboration, and critical thinking, each RN develops and/or
follows a patient-centered plan of care that aligns with the
priorities and plans developed by the attending physician and other
disciplines. The RN coordinates care for non-licensed staff through
delegation and follow-up, to assure that all care provided follows
departmental policies and procedures.
- Quality Improvement - Mary Free Bed is committed to providing
rehabilitation services that are of the highest possible quality.
Opportunities for improvement are valued, as staff and leaders will
take advantage of lessons learned to improve future services. Each
RN will participate in performance improvement through
identification of ways to improve care, reporting unexpected events
or medical errors, and reporting "near misses". As requested, the
RNs will participate in data collection and documentation audits to
assist the Nursing Department with quality improvement
- Patient Safety - Each RN is responsible to promote safety for
all patients served by following all applicable department policies
and procedures. RNs will understand and contribute to the
initiatives that are in place to improve the safety of the patients
served. Additionally, a culture of patient safety is very important
at MFB and this requires all employees to be able to identify and
report unexpected events and near misses without the fear of
reprisal or retaliation. Retaliation or intimidation towards
another employee for reporting unexpected events or near misses
will not be tolerated. Finally, when threats to patient safety are
identified, or opportunities for improvement are noted, these will
be communicated with a member of the Nursing Leadership Team in a
- Service Pillar of Excellence
- Customer Service - Each Registered Nurse is required to
demonstrate excellent customer service standards and behaviors,
while interacting with patients, family members, physicians, and
colleagues. Each RN must deal discreetly and sensitively with
confidential information, and as needed, will perform customer
service recovery with patients and families members. The RN will
also take active steps to recognize unique cultural and religious
needs of patients and families and integrate these diverse needs
into a patient-specific plan of care that aims to exceed the
expectations of each patient and family.
- Physician and colleague relationships - Interdisciplinary team
integration and collaboration across disciplines to provide
patient-centered care is a priority at Mary Free Bed. Maintaining
effective working relationships with admitting and consulting
physicians at Mary Free Bed is an important responsibility of each
RN. In addition, each RN is responsible to develop and
- maintain professional working relationships with colleagues
from other disciplines that are involved in the care of each
patient and family.
- People Pillar of Excellence
- Employee Competency - Each RN employed at Mary Free Bed is
responsible to perform within the policies, procedures, and
standards of care set by the organization. This often requires
demonstration of competency to meet regulatory and accreditation
requirements and in alignment with recognized standards of care and
best practice benchmarks. Each RN is responsible to demonstrate
competency in those areas required by the department, within the
defined time frame.
- Professional Work Environment - A culture of professionalism,
respect, and accountability is critical to fulfilling the mission
of Mary Free Bed Hospital. Each RN is responsible for encouraging a
culture of personal accountability, solution-seeking behavior,
mutual respect, open communication, acceptance of change,
enthusiasm, and pride. As opportunities for celebration and
opportunities for improvement are identified, each RN will share
this information with a member of the Nursing Leadership Team
- Employee Safety - Each employee within the Nursing Department
is responsible to follow all policies and procedures related to
employee safety. When risks to employee safety are identified (self
or others), each RN will take appropriate steps to reduce those
risks, communicate with the Nursing Supervisor(s) and to maintain a
physical work environment that reflects the high quality nursing
services delivered at Mary Free Bed.
- Staff Selection, Development and Mentoring - As requested by a
member of the Nursing Leadership Team, MFB RNs assist with employee
selection and orientation process for new team members. Interview
questions and feedback will be presented professionally and
tactfully, and information discussed during the interviews will
remain confidential, if needed. As a preceptor, each RN will
collaborate with the Nursing Supervisor and Nurse Educator to
provide a comprehensive orientation for the new team member. RNs
are responsible to ensure the Nurse Technician and Licensed
Practical Nurse assigned to the RN and who are serving as a
preceptor provide a thorough and accurate orientation for the new
- Student Preceptor and Mentoring - As assigned by a Nursing
Supervisor or Nurse Educator, each RN will collaborate with
colleagues, the Nursing Supervisor and Nurse Educator to provide a
valuable clinical rotation for RN students.
- Financial Performance Pillar of Excellence
- Fiscal Responsibility - Each RN will follow departmental
policies and procedures related to payroll practices, patient
chargeable items and other opportunities to provide high-value
nursing care at a reasonable price to our customers. As
opportunities for cost savings and efficiency are identified, these
will be shared with the appropriate member of the Nursing
Leadership Team. Furthermore, all RNs will obtain skill set needed
to participate in the growth of strategic programs within MFB;
Baclofen and Botox.
- Customer Service Responsibilities:Demonstrates excellent
customer service behaviors consistent with organizational and
departmental standards. Consistently promotes teamwork and direct
communication with co-workers. Deals discretely and sensitively
with confidential information.
- Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:Contributes by
identifying problems and seeking solutions. Promotes patient/family
satisfaction where possible; participates in departmental efforts
to monitor and report customer service.Commitment to Diversity,
Equity and InclusionEmbrace Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, by:
- Treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Opening more doors to opportunities for underrepresented
- Growing talent and people
- Evaluating and eliminating disparities
- Taking action against injustices, bias and racism
- Honoring our differences and how to collaborate
- Educating staff, patients and the communities we care for
- Restoring Hope and Freedom, togetherEssential Job
Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements)
- Licensure: Registered nurse in the state of Michigan.
- Education: Associates degree in nursing is required. Bachelor's
degree preferred. Certification as a Registered Rehabilitation
Nurse is preferred and will be encouraged for all MFB RNs.
- CRRN Requirement: All newly hired staff will be required to
become a Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) by their
3rd anniversary with Mary Free Bed to be eligible for future merit
increases. Mary Free Bed will fund training and certification
towards CRRN certification.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Previous experience as a RN, especially in a rehabilitation or
acute care setting, is preferred but not required.
- Strong critical thinking, decision-making, delegation, and
leadership skills are required to work as a RN in the Nursing
Department at MFB.
- Time management and organizational skills are very important,
as well as effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively under time requirements and
deadlines, problem-solve when facing unexpected issues, handle
interruptions, and prioritize effectively
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: The work environment
described here are representative of those an employee will
encounter while working as a RN at Mary Free Bed. The ability to
perform these tasks are required in order to provide the necessary
patient care required by MFB patients:
- Must be competent with computer systems for the purpose of
documenting patient care.
- Due to possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens and hazardous
materials, must be able to understand and follow department
policies related to employee safety.
- Must be able to exert 20 to 35 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Required to be independently mobile, with frequent bending, and
reaching overhead, for activities such as positioning and
transferring of patients and equipment.
- Required to frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, and rise from
a kneeling position while performing patient care.
- Required to use hands and arms to handle, feel, carry and
- Required to stand, sit, talk, type, read, and hearReporting
Relationship: Nursing Manager, Chief Nursing OfficerThe above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by employees in this classification. If you
require a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential
functions of this position, you must request accommodation in
writing, within 182 days after you know or should know of the need
for accommodation.Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other
legally protected characteristic.
Location: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital - MFB SAR
Schedule: Full-Time, Night, Nights: 7:00P-7:30A/ every other
weekend and holiday rotation
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, Grand Rapids , Registered Nurse: Sub-Acute Rehab, FT 72 hr/pp Nights (BONUS Eligible up to 10k), Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!