Exercise Specialist - Implantable Cardiac Monitor Clinic - Remote/On-Site - Part Time - Days
Company: Spectrum Health Medical Group
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 22, 2021
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS - Please apply through Find
Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for
Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Provides direct and in-direct care to patients with Implanted
Cardiac Monitors (loop recorders), in accordance with department
process. Responsible for testing, retrieval, and analysis of device
- Assesses, evaluates and triages the patient's current symptoms,
questions, complaints and responses to treatments in person, and
via the telephone based on practice guidelines, standards of care,
and federal/state laws and regulations.
- Test device function and reprograms based on organizational
policy and procedures. Maintains knowledge of all devices, each
manufacturer's programmer, remote websites, new technology, and
current trends in cardiology.
- Organizes, interprets and documents data, and accurately
communicates with physician's nurses, other staff and
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to develop plan of care,
including frequency of follow up, based on device data, patient
condition, and EP Physician guidance. Initiates appropriate crisis
interventions and emergency response based on patient symptoms and
analysis of device information.
- Educates patients and families about health status, device
function and restrictions and other considerations associated with
- Facilitate, coordinate and participate in the development of
clinical policies, procedures, and forms.
- Documents all patient care interactions in the EMR to ensure
accurate and complete medical records and to facilitate appropriate
reimbursement for services rendered.
- May travel to other office sites or clinics to provide
assistance as needed.
- Assists with new employee orientation within department.
- Communicates and collaborates with other members of the health
care team in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of
- Participates in projects and on committees/task forces as
member, consultant and/or chair.
- Required Bachelor's Degree Exercise Physiology, Exercise
Science, Health Science or related field
- Skills, knowledge, abilities typically gained through less than
2 years of relevant experience in the following areas: conducting
graded exercise testing, knowledge of cardiovascular physiology,
risk factor identification/modification; basic electrocardiogram
(EKG) knowledge or completion of an internship in Cardiac Rehab.
- CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) - AHA American Heart Association -
- CRT-Clinical Exercise Physiologist, Certified (CEP) - ACSM
American College of Sports Medicine - 180 Days
- Ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of experience in a Cardiac
area, will be someone who is driven, accountable, and engaged to
make the position the best in can absolutely be, in service of
Patients and the Team, someone who is adept to doing a lot of
computer work and/or virtual work as may be necessary, and someone
who works well independently and with the entire team which is a
- This position will involve 3, 8-Hr. Shifts with either a 7:30
or 8:30 AM start time; No Weekends, No Holidays, and it will be
approximately 50% Remote and 50% On Site, for Holland, but based
out of GR
SITE - SH Heart & Vascular Center - 2900 Bradford - Grand
Cardiovascular Medicine - Grand Rapids
Day (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
8 hours a day, starting at 7:30 or 8:30 a.m.
3 days a week, Tue, Wed, Thu, but needs to be open to pick up and
Spectrum Health requires all team members to receive the COVID-19
vaccinations subject to certain exclusions based on the team
member's job category. Spectrum Health is committed to granting
reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a
disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum
Health's application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any
other legally protected
category. See more here.
Keywords: Spectrum Health Medical Group, Grand Rapids , Exercise Specialist - Implantable Cardiac Monitor Clinic - Remote/On-Site - Part Time - Days, Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!