Registered Nurse (RN) - New Graduate
Company: Select Specialty Hospital - Grand Rapids (Spectrum
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:Critical Illness Recovery HospitalRegistered Nurse (RN)
- New Graduate$12,500 Sign-on BonusApplicants may apply before
being licensed however must have license upon start date.At Select
Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care
for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require
extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people
across the country and provides quality care to approximately
70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.Our
mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that
promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each
employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural
behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being
patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building
trust.Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex
patients? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about
delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes',
consider an opportunity with us.Responsibilities:We are looking for
valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way,
which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve
quality of life for the community in which you live and work,
continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality
care and doing well by doing what is right.This opportunity offers
you 12 weeks of training with a dedicated preceptor. A robust and
structured program, it integrates both education and preceptorship
for a seamless transition into a successful career as a Registered
Nurse. The intent of this program is to provide you with a gradual,
structured and deliberate orientation to the professional role of
the registered nurse.In collaboration with the physician and their
preceptor, you will assure implementation of the assessment plan,
evaluation, and follow-up of the plan of care for the patient
- Initiating an ongoing systematic assessment of the physical,
emotional, social, educational and functional needs of the
- Interpreting assessment data and information to develop a
nursing care plan which contains problem identification, nursing
diagnosis, nursing orders, approaches, interventions, short/long
term goals and discharge planning.
- Participating as a productive member of the interdisciplinary
team in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of
- Assuring that documents in the medical record are complete,
factual, accurate and timely.Qualifications:You will demonstrate an
understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels
informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about
providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem
solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.Minimum requirements:
- Graduate of accredited program for registered nursing.
- Valid State RN License required.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start
- Must have flexibility of scheduling to complete the
requirements of the program.Additional Data:Select Medical strives
to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we
understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and
fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement totaling up to $5,000/year.
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance totaling up to $1,000 per
quarter ($4,000 per year).
- 100% company-paid RN to BSN scholarship.
- Nurse Executive Development Program, which is a mentoring
initiative that shapes top performing nurses into leaders in our
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance
their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification,
both of which would include quarterly bonuses.We'd love for you to
join the team!Select Medical is committed to having a workforce
that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and
employees are treated during employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Select Specialty Hospital - Grand Rapids (Spectrum, Grand Rapids , Registered Nurse (RN) - New Graduate, Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!