Company: Sparrow Health System
Location: Carson City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Positions Location: Carson City, MIJob DescriptionGeneral
Purpose of Job:The essential functions of this position include,
but are not limited to; obtaining quality diagnostic ultrasound
images and providing a written description of the exam to
radiologists. Provides ultrasound guidance for biopsies and cyst
drainage procedures as ordered by physicians.
- Serves as a resource and provides training for student
- Provides other functions that may need to be assigned.
- Abides by Carson City Hospital's Behavioral Standards.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA Standards.Essential
Duties:This job description is intended to cover the minimum
essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be
asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader.
Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the
- Maintains communication with physician's offices, radiologist,
dept manager and staff..
- Maintains communication with patient on any delays in their
- Understands and is able to use the telephone, including
- Coordinates patient exams with other sonographers and performs
exams to established protocols.
- Reports to Lead Sonographer
- Coordinates ultrasound exams with other imaging
- Obtains quality images as outlined in protocols, and submits
them to the radiologist for interpretation
- Properly annotates images, noting areas of interest.
- Provides ultrasound guidance during biopsies and
- Understands and is able to contact the on-call radiologist or
- Understands and is able to send images to PACS
- Understands and is able to scan patient documentation into
- Understands and is able to correctly identify charge codes and
place exam orders through HMS.
- Understands and is able to place orders for supplies in
- Is able to assess the patient's needs for transportation and
- Understands and is able to use office machines
- Understands and is able to use the ultrasound machine to obtain
- Understands and is able to contact service for the ultrasound
- Understands and maintains the infection prevention and control
policies established by the hospital.
- Understands and maintains the isolation techniques established
by the hospital.
- Follows hand hygiene policies and utilizes personal protective
equipment as required.
- Understands and practices body mechanics to lift and assist
- Understands and responds to Emergency Codes.Job
RequirementsGeneral Requirements --- Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
in physics and at least one other registry in abdominal, pelvis, or
OB/GYN. --- ARDMS or ARDMS eligible with successfully passing of
the registry within two (2) years of employment. --- Preferred -
registry with American Registry of DiagnosticWork Experience
- Graduate of an accredited sonography program and registered or
registry eligible in ultrasound.Specialized Knowledge and Skills
--- Must have good communication skills, accurate writing and
spelling, reasoning, and computer skills. --- Demonstrates ability
to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential
duties of the job.Sparrow Health System is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Grand Rapids , CAR-SONOGRAPHER, Healthcare , Carson City, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!