Site Leader O&P - Lakeshore Clinics
Company: West Park Hospital-WY-US
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Mary Free Bed Orthotics and Prosthetics -- O&P
Administration Muskegon , MI O&P Full-Time , Days , 8:00a-5:00p
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families
re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the
reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When
patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a culture that has been
sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully
listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of
every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians
and care providers. Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally
accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children
and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute
rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community
programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in
Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed
physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve
outstanding clinical outcomes.--The growing Mary Free Bed Network
provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique
standard of care. Mission Statement
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation. Diversity and
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect. Summary
The Clinical Supervisor is a Certified Prosthetist/Orthotist (CPO)
who is a healthcare professional specifically educated and trained
to manage comprehensive orthotic and prosthetic patient care. This
includes patient assessment, formulation of a treatment plan,
implementation of the treatment plan, follow-up and practice
This person is responsible for the evaluation, design, fabrication,
and fit of artificial limbs and orthotic devices for patients.
Completes responsibilities in accordance with a physician
prescription. Contributes special expertise in more
complex/specialized cases, training, research, and quality
assurance for all assigned operations. Analyzes and monitors the
activities of assigned clinicians. Performs related administrative
and supervisory duties to ensure the efficient operation of the
assigned clinical operations.
- Provides direct patient care, treatment, and services within
the scope of their license, certification and registration and as
required by law and regulation, with a particular focus on
- Provides clinical services including measurement, fit,
fabrication, adjustment, and repair of Orthotic or Prosthetic
devices; establishes standards for their design and fabrication in
relation to the physician orders. Instructs patients in the use of
orthoses or prostheses.
- Follows charting procedures and maintains records, and
completes in a timely manner.
- Maintains treatment standards and protocols by meeting
scheduling, patient satisfaction, and production standards.
- Ensures outcome data collection and data analysis is completed
and maintained by the clinical staff.
- Participates in case conferences with physicians, therapists
and nurses to discuss and evaluate patient's condition, progress
and plans for therapy.
- Meets mandatory continuing education requirements and maintains
expertise in specific clinical area of focus.
- Supervises, monitors and evaluates performance of clinical
staff relative to the above duties and in accordance with
established policies and procedures of the organization.
- Assists in the selection of clinical staff.
- Schedules clinical staff and ensures coverage of on-call
- Manages relationships with local physicians and other potential
referral sources in order to ensure outstanding patient service and
to promote Mary Free Bed O & P services.
- Provides input relative to budgeting revenues, expenses,
capital expenditures and profitability of operations. Responsible
for financial performance of clinical operations relative to the
- Assists O&P Leadership team in the design and
implementation of long range strategic plans which impact the
- Compliance with practice management plans to develop and
document policies and procedures to ensure patient protection which
includes, but is not limited to:
- Adherence to applicable local, state and federal laws and
- Maintaining a safe and professional environment for patient
- Adherence to ABC Code of Professional Responsibility.
- Markets Mary Free Bed Orthotic & Prosthetic services.
- Analyze referral patterns of physicians and identify
opportunities to provide appropriate services to meet their
- Develop relationships with current and potential referral
sources through education of services offered at Mary Free Bed
- Work with O&P Leadership to coordinate activities with
referring community including sales calls and educational
- Emphasis on Vascular, Orthopedics and Neurological care market
with the goal of driving new referrals through excellent follow up
and provision of relevant clinical services.
- Leadership Must-Haves will be followed for patient and staff
- Thank You Notes
- Employee Selection /Peer Interviewing
- Key Words at Key Times
- AIDET-- + Promise
- Following and Encouraging Standards of Behavior
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training
- Bachelor's degree or higher in orthotics and prosthetics from a
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
(CAAHEP) accredited program OR a Bachelor's degree or higher in any
major along with a post-graduate orthotics and prosthetics
certificate from a CAAHEP accredited program
- Certification by the American Board for Certification in
Orthotics and Prosthetics (CPO) Physical Demands--
The physical ability to lift, position, and transport patients; the
ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist, crawl,
grasp, reach, and occasionally climb; the ability to hear, speak,
write, and see (correctable vision); the ability to frequently lift
up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift in excess of 75 pounds; the
ability to occasionally push, pull, or carry weight anywhere from 1
to 100+ pounds while assisting patients and moving equipment; the
ability to exert up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, 10-20
pounds of force frequently, and exert up to 10 pounds of force
constantly. Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other
legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: West Park Hospital-WY-US, Grand Rapids , Site Leader O&P - Lakeshore Clinics, Healthcare , Muskegon, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!