Registered Nurse (RN) - Part Time Nights - Senior Living Grand Rapids, MI
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 10, 2021
Job Summary Provides shift supervision, responsibility and
accountability for the delivery of nursing services to the assigned
staff and residents. Ensure department resources are allocated in
an effective and economical manner to enable residents to attain
and/or maintain the highest physical, mental and psychosocial
well-being. Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver nursing care to residents including medication
administration, documentation, therapeutic treatments direct
- Conduct daily rounds to observe residents and to ensure nursing
and restorative needs are being met. Communicate resident care
needs to physicians/extenders to ensure medical intervention.
- Consult with resident's physicians in planning resident care,
treatment, rehabilitation and change of condition.
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as necessary. Ensure
resident rooms are ready for occupancy.
- Review and complete informative and descriptive nurses' notes
of the nursing care provided and resident's response to care.
- Provide shift supervision to certified nursing assistants
including assignments of resident care.
- In coordination with the Clinical Manager, provide support with
attraction and staff retention efforts, including hiring,
onboarding, staff development, coaching and counseling and
- May participate in resident care conferences to summarize
resident's care health outcomes.
- Initiate timely incident investigations, ensuring immediate
resident/staff safety. Notify proper personnel and ensure accurate
and complete documentation.
- Schedule physician and other clinical appointments.
Job Qualifications Education, Training, and
- Current State of Michigan RN license. Experience
- One year experience as an RN in long term care with general
knowledge in dementia care services preferred. Knowledge Skills and
- Current knowledge of nursing standards and practices in
accordance with state regulatory requirements and licensing
- Emerging leadership skills with ability to provide daily
guidance and constructive feedback.
- Independent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work proactively with physicians and all levels of
- Basic knowledge of Minimum Data Set (MDS) and care
- Ability to display compassion and sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication and customer service
skills with the ability to understand the needs and wants of
residents and families.
- Ability and willingness to work constructively with individuals
from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to read, speak and write English.
- Working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft
Office--Word, Outlook, and Excel. Additional Work Requirements
- Mandated work hours may be required.
- Off-shift schedules including evening, weekend and holiday
hours required to support resident care requirements.
- Ability to travel to offsite events including conferences and
in-services. Physical and Mental Requirements
- Safely lifts with proper lift equipment and transfers person
served weighing average of 150 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Pushes person in wheel chair weighing up to 250 pounds on a
frequent basis, often for long distances.
- Frequently stoops, twists, bends, squats and kneels.
- Lifts overhead.
- Frequently lifts supplies weighing 25 pounds.
- Frequently pushes/pulls medication and treatment carts.
- Feels pulse rate and hears and reads blood pressure.
- Needs to see and hear persons served.
At Samaritas, we ask you to join us - to "Be The Rock That Starts
The Ripple". A ripple of transformation in the individual lives of
the 15,000 people we help each year, and a ripple of positive
change throughout our community. Our team is growing at Samaritas!
We are seeking more Rocks to join our team. We are always looking
for additional employees who want to make a big impact and have a
lot of fun doing so as part of an enthusiastic, collaborative
team.--We want you to be our rock! Samaritas, one of the state's
largest faith-based nonprofits, has been sending ripples of
positive change into Michigan communities since 1934. Prior to
2016, Samaritas operated as Lutheran Social Services of Michigan.
Samaritas provides a continuum of care to all in need with
approximately 70 different programs in 40 different locations in
Michigan. We believe in diversity and inclusion, for the people we
serve and the people we employ. Employing nearly 2,000 employees in
opportunities ranging from direct service to management in
Michigan's Lower Peninsula, we hope that you will consider joining
the Samaritas team and help work in making a difference in
communities across Michigan. We walk with people in need, offering
hope and compassion while upholding their dignity, advocating for
equality and justice, and seeking creative solutions with those who
place their trust in us. Samaritas is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Samaritas, Grand Rapids , Registered Nurse (RN) - Part Time Nights - Senior Living Grand Rapids, MI, Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!