RN Clinical Coordinator (RN #)
Company: Corizon Health
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: October 19, 2020
About Corizon Health Correctional healthcare is not just a job.
It's a calling. By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are
choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health,
well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in
being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon
Health professional, you have access to the resources and support
to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your
career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
expertise. Responsibilities Below is a list of your
responsibilities as a RN Clinical Coordinator with Corizon
- Authorization of elective hospitalization.
- Concurrent review of hospitalizations through in-hospital chart
review and via telephone of all admissions.
- Follow-up and discharge planning with the attending physician
and site medical director
- Discharge planning for hospitalizations will include but not
limited to: - Maintain a daily count of available infirmary beds
within the system.
- Daily Contact with the Medical Director/Infirmary Medical
Directors relating to the pending discharges for proper
- Arrange for special equipment required for patient discharge,
and follow-up of delivery off equipment.
- Screening of PAL procedures. Conference calling will be
performed form the Corizon Central Office.
- Maintenance of documentation on concurrent review through the
automated AMISYS Medical Management System.
- Retrospective chart review of questionable hospitalizations in
outlying hospitals when indicated.
- Chart audit of inpatient charges.
- Work closely with Corizon physician advisors and Medical
Directors Council to update and maintain policy according to
- Maintain direct review responsibilities for designated
geographic area of review.
- Any additional duties as assigned.
- Attend monthly staff meeting and/or monthly coordinator
meeting, via telephone conference.
- Available for two on site visits to discuss current
- Ongoing discussions with health team numbers to facilitate the
best course of treatment for patients
- Lead regularly scheduled meetings of the inter-disciplinary
health care team.
- Coordinate and promote health services efficiently for the
patient population in order to realize a cost savings.
- Utilize available in house resource personnel for consultation,
treatment, and/or resolution of identified problems to ensure
- Monthly reviews of all on-going patient medical problems, as
well as quarterly reviews f all patients in chronic care clinics.
Corizon Benefits Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits
package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k
with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education
reimbursement, and more! Experience & Requirements
- RN with minimum of five (5) years' clinical experience
- Prefer CCM certification
- CPR certification.
- Knowledge of specific state laws and regulations governing
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical
competencies to demonstrate clinical aptitude. A background check,
security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws,
qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual
orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran
status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Not ready to
apply? Connect with us for general consideration. ID 2 Job
Locations US-MI-Grand Rapids Category Nursing & Nursing Assistant
Position Type Regular Full-time Shift / Schedule Weekday Day
Location ID 90886 Keyphrases: clinical manager jobs, clinical
managing jobs, clinical administration jobs, clinical
administrating jobs, clinical administrator jobs, medical
administrating jobs, medical administrator jobs, medical manager
jobs, medical managing jobs, hospital administrating jobs, hospital
administrator jobs, health administrating jobs, health
administrator jobs, healthcare administrating jobs, clinical
management jobs, clinical research manager jobs, clinical study
manager jobs, clinical trial manager jobs, clinical study
management jobs, clinical trial management jobs, clinical nurse
management jobs, clinical project manager jobs, clinical project
management jobs, manager jobs
Keywords: Corizon Health, Grand Rapids , RN Clinical Coordinator (RN #), Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!