Sales and Service Manager
Company: Michigan First
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: July 14, 2019
1815 Breton Rd. SEGrand Rapids49506JOB SUMMARY:
- Assists in driving the sales and service culture of the Credit
Union. Promotes, implements, and ensures the highest quality member
experience with every member, every time, and at every point of
- Responsible for providing strategic sales leadership and
ensuring the team is consistently executing on disciplined sales
- Assists in developing and maintaining the proper type of sales
and service training needed for team members to excel in both.
Influential in determining the right candidates for sales and
- Responsible to develop and coach team leaders on how to coach
their team members to achieve sales and service excellence. KEY JOB
- Works closely with the COO and other leaders to define
strategic goals and objectives. Develops and executes a strategic
plan. Analyzes results and adjusts plans to maximize results.
- Oversees continual skill development and the educational and
learning requirements of the team by leveraging internal and
external resources to keep team members' tools and knowledge
- Assists in delivering top line revenue and bottom line
profitability by ensuring appropriate products, services, focus and
- Maintains appropriate risk management and operational controls
at every branch location. Ensures compliance with Credit Union
policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. LEADERSHIP
- Develop and lead member acquisition and sales goals/plans for
the Credit Union. Assist in identifying and building networks, both
inside and outside of the Credit Union, to ensure smooth and
efficient operations across the organization.
- Assists the COO in developing appropriate sales and service
targets and results through active coaching and sales
accountability management. Fosters and maintains a collaborative
and respectful workplace.
- Starting with selection, ensure that the skillset for success
is identified for each role in the branches. Work with the
Selection Team, to identify this talent and ensure that the talent
that is brought in is very clear about the expectations of
adherence to our sales and service culture and consistent delivery
on Our Promise. Recommend hires, transfers, terminations, salary
adjustments, performance standards and reviews.
- Must be able to serve effectively in branch leadership
positions and fill in as needed.
- Be the role model demonstrating the expected sales/service
mindset and philosophies with your team so that they can learn,
develop, grow and execute on the same with our members.
- Becomes/is an advocate of The Michigan First Way, supporting
all facets of it, including complete fulfillment of Our Promise, 5
STARS Service, SOLVE IT and our ISMs. Fosters a positive demeanor
and image through professional representation in all contacts with
both, team members and members. Consistently reflects and displays
each of our "ISMs" in daily job performance, as well as in all
business interactions while executing on our goals and initiatives.
Learns and utilizes EMEC (Every Member's Experience Counts) in
day-to-day responsibilities when communicating with members
- Demonstrates a commitment to our "Leadership Code of Conduct."
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business, Sales Management or
other related field of work.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in sales leadership
- Comprehensive knowledge of branch operations (both sales and
- Proven track record of creating disciplined sales and service
goals/targets to ensure a quality member experience, while
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and
- Self-starter; high level of initiative; drives to succeed.
- Sales AND service-oriented; must have a heart to serve
- Ability to work with multiple technology systems for all
business planning and reporting purposes.
- Competent in analyzing data and holds a metrics-driven mindset
to achieve results.
- Frequent travel within the State of Michigan required.Michigan
First Credit Union was founded more than 90 years ago by educators
and now delivers world-class service to more than 150,000+ members
at our branches throughout Michigan, and we're growing! We offer
financial solutions for every life stage and seek to positively
transform our members' lives through personalized service that
meets their unique needs. Simply put, Michigan First Credit Union's
sole mission is to provide the highest quality member experience.
Working here, you'll get to participate in a strong culture
centered around service, professionalism, and growth. The perks are
pretty cool, too – we're consistently named as a 101 Best &
Brightest Place to Work (nationally!) as well as several other
local workplace awards, mainly because of our competitive pay,
excellent benefits package, and supportive policies. Michigan First
- 400+ team members
- 30 locations by 2019 spanning the Lansing area, Grand Rapids
and Metro Detroit.
- Industry leader in community support and charitable giving
through the Michigan First Foundation
- Member Services Call Center operates 24/7/365
- Current assets of more than $920 million AwardsMichigan First
Credit Union has been the proud recipient of:
- 2018 Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces
- 2018 Best & Brightest in Metro Detroit
- 2018 Best & Brightest in West Michigan
- 2018 Best & Brightest in the Nation
- 2018 Crain's Coolest Places to Work in Michigan #10 spot out of
- 2018 Best Credit Unions to Work For
- 2018 Channel 4 - Vote for the Best - 1st Place
- 2018 Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency - Certified Veteran
Friendly Employer - Bronze Level Benefits:Perks of joining our
award-winning team include:
- Competitive pay
- A low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefit options.
Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) - 100% match up to 5% deferral
- Tuition reimbursement for both Undergraduate and Master's
- Access to a complimentary concierge service that assists with
nearly any item on your to-do list
- Free, state-of-the-art fitness center at our Evergreen
headquarters with exercise equipment, showers and locker rooms
- Wellness initiatives and events throughout the year to help
employees stay healthy
- Loan discounts for certain secured and unsecured loans and
- Opportunities for increases, incentives and profit-sharing,
based on performance
- Onsite bowling alley Michigan First Credit Union is an Equal
Keywords: Michigan First, Grand Rapids , Sales and Service Manager, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!