VP Technology Services
Company: Gordon Food Service
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: December 7, 2018
* New Sr. Leadership role - direct report to CIO
* Team of 100+
* North American scope
* Oversee Infrastructure, Application Development, Enterprise Architecture and Data Services
* ERP Environment; multinational SAP implementation in progress
* Large budget responsibility (expense and capital)
* Grand Rapids, Michigan HQ
Prof - 2 women
Bring your technical expertise and business leadership to this newly established IT leadership role at Gordon Food Service! Responsible for delivery and support of Gordon Food Service related technologies including, but not limited to, Core Infrastructure, Application Development, Enterprise Architecture and Data/Integration Services. You'll enjoy a collaborative environment where you will have a significant impact on the future of technology here at GFS and how IT works with functional stakeholders to develop technology roadmaps across the enterprise. Together, you'll work with IT and the business deliver robust solutions leveraging innovative best practices and ideas in developing people, process and architecture.
* Manages multiple development teams in design, development, and implementation across multiple frameworks, programming languages and platforms
* Leverages Agile and DevOps software development approaches where development resources are matrixed to support product teams in order to deliver desired business outcomes
* Collaborate with Product and Application teams to execute and develop forward thinking strategies
* Promotes continuous delivery DevOps, with a focus on automation of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
* Ensures technical infrastructure enables evolving business needs leveraging and building upon our hybrid cloud strategy, high availability and strong performance standards
* Working with IT and across all disciplines will own and maintain the strategic roadmap for infrastructure capabilities across the enterprise to deliver incremental and required capabilities
* Manages technology and service vendor relationships to provide related services
* Supports processes for both Annual Operating and Long Range Plan through operational and strategic leadership
* Leads our strategy to identify technology frameworks and solutions that will enhance our ability to innovate with speed within an effective cost model
* Balances business needs with effective standards, security and controls
* Identifies ways to increase value across IT in delivering business outcomes
* Leads and inspires the infrastructure, application development, enterprise architecture and data services teams.
* Responsible for hiring, training, performance, development and retention of these teams to meet evolving business needs and ensuring team skills are evolving in line to deliver on support and innovation
* Mentors, motivates, develops and serves as a resource to establish a customer service mindset and further engagement with IT peers and functional stakeholders.
* Develops and executes an effective labor sourcing strategy, including internal and external resources, to provide required technology services to staff business priorities
Leading Candidates will differentiate themselves with:
* 10+ years experience in Senior IT leadership (Director/VP/CTO)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline required; Master's preferred
* Technical Credibility - Application Development background preferred, large multi-functional and multi-platform database environments, DevOps and Agile methodologies
* Experienced in Advanced Technical Trends - Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Native, and other emerging technologies
* Ability to develop and communicate technical strategy to IT and business peers
* Demonstrated experience in integrating with and/or developing in an ERP based environment. SAP preferred but not required.
* Senior level management experience, including budgets, business-planning, and board level communication
* Strong knowledge of IT Security & Controls best practices - SOX compliance a plus
* Industry experience helpful - Food Service, Distribution/Wholesale
Click Here to get a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
- provided by Dice Agile, Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, CIO, CTO, Customer Service, Database, Development, Director, ERP, Management, Programming, SAP, SDLC, Security, SOX
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Grand Rapids , VP Technology Services, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!