Director of Web Content and Digital Strategy
Company: Grand Rapids Community College
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Director of Web Content and Digital Strategy
Date: January 4, 2023
Position Title: Director of Web Content and Digital Strategy
Department: Web and Digital Strategy
Job ID: 1466
Work Hours/Schedule: 40 hours/52 weeks
Compensation: Meet & Confer - Grade 16, $ $68,706 per year
Reports to: Vice President of College Advancement/Executive
Director of GRCC Foundation
Posting Close Date: Open until filled
Grand Rapids Community College provides an excellent benefits
experience for our GRCC family. Our benefit package is designed to
enhance employees' health and well-being. Part-time employees have
different benefits outlined in the specific collective bargaining
agreements and handbooks. Below is an overview of these benefits,
additional details are available on the :
- Six health insurance plan options (includes a high deductible
plan with a health savings account option).
- A unique dental & vision reimbursement program (includes
coverage for adult orthodontia & lasik eye surgery).
- Employer sponsored retirement plans as well as voluntary
retirement savings plans (403b or 457 plans)
- Tuition benefits at GRCC for you, your spouse and your
- Tuition reimbursement at other higher education institutions
- Generous time off that includes sick, vacation and personal
- Paid holidays and holiday shutdown period in late December!
The director of web content and digital strategy is responsible for
strategizing the continuous improvement of website features,
content, information architecture, data collection and analysis to
support the institutional goals of the college, including but not
limited to areas of recruitment, retention, and institutional
storytelling. Primary responsibilities include: strategizing
website content and design efforts with a focus on user experience
and search engine optimization; identifying goals, objectives and
key performance metrics for content development; managing
information architecture, hierarchy, navigation and interface
design; evolving GRCC's digital brand; creating, implementing and
ensuring compliance in brand standards; and developing policies and
comprehensive training for web editors. This position requires a
strategic thinker who is proficient in marketing, content
development and emerging technologies.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and lead cross-functional teams in projects related to
evolving digital communications technologies, including but not
limited to website design efforts and digital signage
- Work with contractors/vendors/consultants on the development
and execution of web-related projects, including implementation
- Lead web development efforts with a focus on UX/UI and search
- Develop content strategies to drive engagement across digital
- Plan web content goals and design with departments and web
- Manage college's content management system, Drupal.
- Oversee website content approval processes.
- Ensure all website content follows federal ADA
- Serve as the liaison between the communications department and
college departments with regard to web content and updates.
- Meet with college stakeholders to oversee the collaborative
success of projects related to digital communications.
- Establish key performance indicators and monitor analytics to
ensure website is effective in communicating to site visitors.
- Develop, manage and implement comprehensive training programs
for department web editors.
- Oversee schedule of web page content updates.
- Develop and execute communications plans to the college
community regarding web content publishing guidelines and
- Collaborate on web content development projects (including, but
not limited to, copy, photography and video).
- Write, develop and implement web-related policies.
- Implement and ensure website accessibility, aesthetic,
editorial, and marketing objectives - for GRCC's web presence to
ensure accurate and professional representation of the college.
- Employ user testing methodologies and tools to conduct user
- Develop content, guidelines and standards for digital
- Use Siteimprove to analyze website readability, quality
assurance, and ADA compliance.
- Manage remediation processes for documents that are required to
be on the website.
- Research and implement long-term solutions related to website
accessibility and design.
- Act as website product owner, making key decisions on content
migration processes and policies.
- Act as department Budget Control Officer.
- Supervise web design and content personnel.
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required.
Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the
essential functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of College
Advancement/Executive Director of GRCC Foundation.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations or
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in a
communications-related role, with demonstrated success managing web
- Prior experience in a higher education setting preferred.
- The following competencies are essential and will be evaluated
for our candidates through the evidence-based selection
- Information Skills
- Interacting With Computers
- Getting Information
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Processing Information
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Analyzing Data or Information
- Thinking Creatively
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others
- Documenting/Recording Information
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with
- Provide Consultation and Advice to Others
- Advanced copywriting skills.
- Ability to work within a content management system, Drupal
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in website development using an information
- General understanding of how website style sheets and templates
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and work in a team-based, collaborative
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects at one
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness to learn new skills by practicing quality
- High level of creativity, energy, enthusiasm and
- Must possess initiative and be able to work independently.
- Ability to work in/with groups to properly structure new sites
or redesign existing sites to be more logical, user friendly, and
professional is critical.
- Ability to use good judgment when handling confidential, or
sensitive, college material.
- The position requires long periods of sitting, standing,
reading and writing, listening and speaking.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently both
verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to effectively manage high stress issues and
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Grand Rapids Community College will comply with any mandated
health and safety requirements. Employees will be directed to our
GRCC Policy(s) for compliance information.
- Office/desk work.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online
applications for this position at. Submit a cover letter and resume
in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will
remain open until filled. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are
encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal
opportunity employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and
working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each
person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal
educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race,
color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight,
national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial
status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities,
services, employment and advancement including admissions to,
access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required
by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all
aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment,
including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to
identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination
on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college
will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for
bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an
investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO
Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE,
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.
To apply, please visit:
Keywords: Grand Rapids Community College, Grand Rapids , Director of Web Content and Digital Strategy, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...