Director of Finance
Company: Hospice Of Holland Inc
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Director of Finance is a key member of our Hospice of
Holland leadership team. In this role, you will be responsible for
management of financial services including financial accounting,
management accounting, financial management, budgeting, rate
setting, cost containment and third-party reimbursement for an
exemplary non-profit hospice located in Holland Michigan. We are
deeply rooted in the community and are celebrating two achievements
this year: Our 40th anniversary and, for the second time, national
Hospice Honors which is based on CAHPS Hospice Survey Data.This is
your opportunity to help continue and improve our record of
success, financial strength, quality achievement and family
satisfaction. Th works in our Holland office and leads a small team
of dedicated staff. The work schedule is Monday - Friday from 8am
to 5pm. The pay range is from $71,000 to $107,000 depending on
experience and skills. Hospice of Holland offers a very competitive
benefits package.Responsibilities of The Director of Finance and
- Protecting assets through effective internal controls, internal
auditing, and direct supervision of financial operations.
- Directing the management of all accounting information systems
including, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger,
financial reporting, and statistical reporting systems.
- Ensuring maximum third party reimbursement through efficient
billing and collections operations, effective accounts receivable
management and a thorough understanding of cost reimbursement
- Facilitating the annual audit process.
- Ensuring proper utilization of Hospice resources control of
cash disbursements through an effective accounts payable
- Preparing and filing periodic financial statements for internal
users, authorized third parties and regulatory agencies on an
- Evaluating financial provisions of proposed contract and
agreements for provision of services to optimize financial
viability of the agreements.
- Gathering, collating, and reporting key operating statistics
through the effective utilization of information systems.
- Preparing the annual Medicare cost report, and serving as the
agency liaison to the Medicare fiscal intermediary.
- Developing the annual budget, monitoring allocation of funds
within budgetary limitations, and preparing budget variation
reports for the review and approval of the Executive Director,
Finance Committee, and Board of Directors
- Educating and mentoring members of the Leadership Team on the
fundamentals of finance and accounting in order to assist the
leaders in their knowledge of effective financial management.
- Acting as the financial liaison to the Board of Directors and
attends meetings as requested by the Executive
Director.Qualifications for the Director of Finance and Accounting
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration or related field. A CPA or Master's Degree
- Three to five years experience in health care financial
management, preferably in health care and/or in a non-profit
- Information systems experience - e.g., software, systems
development, IT support, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Knowledge of corporate business management, governmental
regulations and healthcare financial standards.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, especially
around successful collaboration with peers and staff.Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- 401k with match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education assistance
- Cell phone stipendHospice of Holland is a financially strong
organization deeply committed to providing the best care for
hospice patients and their families. The Director of Finance plays
a critical role in that mission. Monday - Friday 8am to
Keywords: Hospice Of Holland Inc, Grand Rapids , Director of Finance, Executive , Muskegon, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!