Director of Flatbed Operations
Company: Ally Logistics
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Ally has big ambitions and is seeking its next strategic hire -
an energetic, competitive, and entrepreneurial-minded Open Deck
Director who is ready to make their mark in the industry. The right
candidate will leverage their industry experience in order to
further develop and grow our Open Deck Department. This role
requires frequent collaboration with our sales team and customers
as we look to convert more flatbed opportunities. The right
individual will be confident in their ability to develop and manage
strong carrier relationships and ultimately, an Open Deck-focused
team of their own.
The Ally Logistics team is committed to hustling each day, because
means something more here. Our mission as a company is To Move
Freight, Better. This mission bleeds into everything we do, as we
are continually on a quest for better - better service, better
communication, better culture, better technology, better growth.
We're striving to be better for ourselves so we can continue to be
better for our customers, carriers, employees, and community.
Ally Logistics has been ranked for the third year in a row on the
Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies, ranking #4 in Michigan
and #1 in the Grand Rapids metro for 2021. We're also one of
Crain's Cool Places to Work and one of the Best & Brightest -
Employers. It's no wonder we have a 93% retention rate - our team
really does love working here.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- High level of self motivation. This is not just another job
that requires you to be "self-motivated." Success in their role
requires an active and confident pursuit at all times.
- Healthy sense of competition. We need you to be able to quickly
bounce back from rejection with a positive attitude, and to
constantly be pushing for that win.
- #HUSTLE mentality. #HUSTLE means something different at
- Diligence. We're looking for team members who are
whole-heartedly committed to maintaining high levels of customer
service and meeting team goals regularly. There will be difficult
seasons, and we need to know you can handle them.
- Confidence. Nobody's perfect. But we need to know you are
confident in your ability to overcome obstacles and use rejections
as a motivation to keep going.
- Organization. This is a fast-paced industry and no two days are
alike. We need to know you can stay on top of your tasks in order
to achieve your goals.
- Relationship-oriented. We focus on building relationships with
our customers, not just completing a transaction.
- Resourceful. We're looking for someone who is confident enough
to hit the ground running and use their resources wisely.
- Financially-motivated. A career in sales at Ally Logistics
offers unlimited income opportunities, if you have the #HUSTLE to
get there. We're looking for someone that considers financial
success a key goal in their career.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Spearhead the development of the open deck department
- Oversee all open deck business that runs through the
- Build out open deck carrier network
- Work and train current sales reps with open deck
- Internally market open deck within the organization
- Assist in selling to open deck specific customers
- Help build and maintain a high-performance up-tempo and
positive environment where coaching is commonplace
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Compensation includes a highly-competitive base salary with
significant incentives based on departmental growth
- Health Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- 401K Plan w/ Employer Match
- Life Insurance Plan (100% employer paid)
- PTO Plan (3 weeks PTO for new employees)
- 6 paid holidays
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive training program to set you up for success
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- In-office gym complete with strength equipment, cardio
machines, and pelotons
- Fully-stocked beverage cooler and espresso machine
- Various team activities and events throughout the year
A successful candidate must possess the following
- In depth understanding of all types of open deck equipment
(straight frame flatbed, step-deck, RGN, hot shot, etc.)
- Experience with relationship-driven approach to selling
- 3+ years freight brokerage experience
- 2+ years in an Open Deck focused role
- Experience leading a team
- Has a passion for training & coaching others
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Alignment with Ally's #HUSTLE values
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A highly confident, yet humble, personality
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Ability to bounce back quickly from repeated rejection over the
phone and email
- Must be a problem-solver, seeking to find solutions before
problems even arise
A cover letter is highly recommended, even if it's brief. Tell us
why you are a fit.
Keywords: Ally Logistics, Grand Rapids , Director of Flatbed Operations, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!