Company: Betten Baker Auto
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At Betten Baker, our organization continues to grow and we are
looking for the best-of-the-best to grow with us. We are seeking an
experienced Service Director who can take over all facets of a
service department and elevate the team to the highest level of
performance. If you have a proven track record of maximizing
Technician proficiency and
customer satisfaction, all while driving additional gross profit,
your next job awaits!What the right candidate brings to the
- Youve done this job before. You have the playbook and you know
how to execute.
- You have turned an average service department into a
best-in-class money maker.
- You are not the person needing the training, you are the person
doing the training.
- You know how to recruit, staff and motivate every person in the
department.Job Responsibilities:Coaching and Leadership
- Oversees staffing levels and promotes associate engagement by
recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, evaluating, motivating and
rewarding Service Department personnel.
- Communicates departmental and individual goals and objectives
to ensure a mutual understanding of job expectations and
- Pushes accountability through all levels of the department;
addresses under-performers with urgency.
- Knows the developmental needs of team members; makes training a
- Is always recruiting, attracting top talent to the
- Supports fellow managers with solutions that benefit the entire
- Expects to lead in CSI performance and instills the same
expectation in every team member.
- Puts the customer experience at the forefront; does not allow
it to be compromised by conflicting policies, pay plans or
- Uses customer feedback to identify deficiencies and implement
corrective actions.Operational ExcellenceOperational Excellence
- Builds the optimal shop structure and work distribution
processes for maximizing Technician productivity.
- Develops and trains Advisors to achieve the very best RO
Quantity and Quality.
- Designs and implements processes that are clear, sustainable
and drive the desired outcomes.
- Attacks areas of waste; keeps receivables, unapplied time and
policy expense within guides.
- Generates expected profits by controlling pricing,
productivity, personnel expense and operating expense.
- Ensures the department and personnel remain compliant with
company, factory and government policy and regulations.Skills
- 10 years of experience in the retail automotive service and
- 5 years of experience as a Service Manager/Director.
- Experience with the CDK dealer management system is a
- A current valid drivers license and insurability rating is
- High School Diploma or equivalent; College degree is
- Company vehicle
- Health, dental, life and vision insurance
- Paid Time-Off
- Continued professional development
Keywords: Betten Baker Auto, Grand Rapids , Service Director, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!