Assistant Manager - LM
Company: Pilot Freight Services
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Pilot has the best employees in the transportation and logistics
• Develops and maintains relations with vendors, stores,
• Ensures follow up on shipping discrepancies, damaged goods
in-home damage claims.
• Dispatches trucks using GPS technology.
• Oversees in-home delivery for customers.
• Maintains monthly operating reports that include statistics
customer service scores.
• Oversees Customer Service Representatives and Routers.
• Attendance and Punctuality are essential functions of the job
• Directly supervises hourly on-site staff who handle
operations in data entry, customer service, order processing
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include training employees; planning,
and directing work; rewarding and providing direction
addressing complaints and resolving problems
Skills & Competencies:
• Flexible work schedule
• Must be Self-Motivated to work with little supervision
• Excellent Attendance record
• Positive Attitude and ability to work with others
• Good Communication Skills
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
Additional Job Details :
This position does not require travel
Education & Experience:
Bachelors Degree Preferred
• 5+ years of experience in Logistics, Supply Chain or
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Good time management skills
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in a Supervisor role including performance reviews
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional
setting. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk,
hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC
required. Position may require to work remotely at times.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
In a team-based environment, the workplace is structured to
teamwork and reward the success of team players. Key benefits
working in this setting can include sharing responsibilities with
group of people, developing strong professional bonds with
and developing teamwork skills.
If you are interested in working with a talented, passionate and
dedicated team of professionals in a rapidly growing industry,
Pilot wants to hear from you!
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new
hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting
work at any of our locations. Our definition of fully vaccinated
for purposes of new hire is as follows: In compliance with CDC
guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and
eligible to begin work as follows:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the
Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson
s Janssen vaccine
Keywords: Pilot Freight Services, Grand Rapids , Assistant Manager - LM, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!