Director of Sales and Events
Company: Express Employment Professionals
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Grand Rapids Downtown Market has exclusively retained
Express Employment Professionals in its search for a Director of
Sales and Private Events. If you are interested in this
opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to .
Applicants applying directly to The Grand Rapids Downtown Market
will be forwarded to Express Employment Professionals for
consideration.Director of Sales and Private Events Summary:The
Grand Rapids Downtown Market is seeking a charismatic and driven
sales professional to join their team as a Director of Sales and
Private Events. This candidate will be responsible for promoting
all aspects of private events held within the Downtown Market
venue. The primary functions of this role are to drive revenue by
prospecting and fostering relationships with members, individuals,
and corporations as well as private event, beverage, and catering
program oversight. The ideal candidate will develop and execute
sales strategies to achieve revenue target through providing
memorable experiences, impeccable service, and opportunities to
build meaningful relationships. If you are a sales professional and
an influential leader who values exceptional hospitality
experiences through culinary arts in a modern event space, you
belong here! The Grand Rapids Downtown Market offers a competitive
benefits package and flexible scheduling.Director of Sales and
Private Events Responsibilities: Corporate Sales Functions
- Prospect new corporate event sales opportunities, establish and
manage client base.
- Build, implement and ensure both short-term and long-term sales
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to
generate and grow business.
- Manage client correspondence and conduct follow-ups in a timely
- Maintain an extensive network of community connections and
- Represent the Downtown Market to the community through
- Represent company through participation in community events and
- Prepare client proposals and contracts, and ensure deposits and
payments are made in a timely manner.
- Develop and monitor departmental budgets including revenue and
- Guide and mentor sales team members to ensure sales growth and
goals are met.
- Provide assistance related to and including sales inquiries,
lead generation, site tours, contract writing, client
communication, troubleshooting and crisis management.Event
- Oversee event logistics and ensure vendor's flawless
- Oversee, lead and manage Events Department team members
including Event Coordinator(s), Private Events Sales Manager,
Private Events Manager, and Public Events Manager.
- Act as a role model, mentor and leader for the Events
Department while coaching and motivating individual team
- Formulate and implement all plans that guide the direction of
- Evaluate the success of direct reports through measurable
goals, KPI's and reporting.
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate the work of both direct and
indirect reports, while developing staff to the next
level.Strategic Leadership Functions
- Attend and actively participate in leadership meetings,
offering ideas, insights and recommendations on organizational
policies, operations, staffing, customer and tenant experiences,
strategic community partnerships, and other topics that ultimately
contributes to the organization''s overall vision, mission, values,
beliefs, and strategic goals.
- Ensure alignment of high-level organizational priorities with
strong day-to-day operations and help evolve ideas into
- Achieve the organization''s overall strategic goals working to
contribute to the profitability of the organization.
- Support both short-term and long-term marketing strategies
through events and promotions.
- Work with external clients and vendors to create experiences
focused on increased market foot traffic and mission awareness.
Director of Sales and Private Events Qualifications:
- Strong culinary arts knowledge.
- Ambitious, driven, energetic, and determined.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Hotel/Restaurant Management,
or related discipline a strong asset.
- 5 years event management/planning/directing experience
- 5 years relevant corporate event sales experience is
- Professional presentation skills with confidence in providing
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible, work well
under pressure and be accountable to make sound and thoughtful
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects, prioritize
and adjust quickly to change while maintaining accuracy and meeting
- Charismatic leader that builds trust and engagement by
cultivating genuine relationships with external and internal
- Creative and effective leader and team player, possessing a
high degree of professionalism, sound human resources management
principles, administrative skills.
- Proven track record of strong financial and cost control
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with sales and revenue systems/programs.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on occasion.If you are
interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover
letter to . Applicants applying directly to The Grand Rapids
Downtown Market will be forwarded to Express Employment
Professionals for consideration.Location: Grand Rapids, MI About
Express Employment Professionals Since 1996, Express Employment
Professionals of Grand Rapids has been empowered by our work of
connecting people with great jobs and great companies. We are
energized by our mission of helping people be successful. We love
making a difference in people's lives and careers. To us, it's more
than a job, it's an opportunity. It's belief in your abilities and
in your talents and in you. It's more than a job. It's your
Keywords: Express Employment Professionals, Grand Rapids , Director of Sales and Events, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!