Director of Compliance
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you
work at Meijer, youre provided with career and community
opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and
development. Consider joining our family take care of your career
and your community!Meijer Rewards
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growthPlease
review the job profile below and apply today!The Director of
Compliance will lead the design, implementation and maintenance of
the companys enterprise compliance programs under the companys
enterprise compliance strategy. The Director of Compliance will
also engage cross-functionally to support Meijers ESG initiatives,
work closely with the designated Accountable Compliance Officers
across multiple business functions to continuously develop and
sustain our risk and compliance strategies, and work
collaboratively with our Global Sourcing Office Social Compliance
team to guide our teams with engaging suppliers operating in a
socially responsible manner. The Director of Compliance will
directly manage the compliance specialists who support enterprise
compliance programs and systems.Position follows hybrid schedule:
Monday-Wednesday in Grand Rapids MI office, Thursday-Friday remote
within the Meijer six state footprint (MI, WI, IL, IN, OH,
KY)..What You'll be Doing:
- Lead Meijers corporate compliance function.
- Develop, implement and manage the companys enterprise
- Engage cross-functionally to support Meijers ESG initiatives,
including leading on respective areas of ESG development, reporting
- Play a key role in establishing an enterprise risk management
program through setting strategy, developing tactical
implementation, executing risk assessments, prioritizing risks and
establishing mitigation activities and rhythms.
- Oversee the management of select enterprise-wide governance
initiatives, including enterprise policies and information
- Set policy management strategy and oversee the management of
the enterprise-wide governance structure and training for the Code
of Ethics, enterprise policies and department specific
- In collaboration with the Global Sourcing Office, set social
responsibility strategy and lead our risk-based program expansion
to assist our teams with engaging suppliers operating in a socially
- Partner with Accountable Compliance Officers to continuously
develop and sustain the companys corporate risk and compliance
strategy, focusing on process simplification, risk identification,
reporting and mitigation, program enhancements and trend
- Respond to specific compliance incidents or failures as needed
and assist in internal investigations as needed.
- Partner with Internal Audit to develop, implement and respond
to enterprise risk assessments and compliance audits.
- Collaborate with Sourcing and Legal to develop and implement a
third party risk management program.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and business areas to design,
implement and maintain enterprise compliance training
- Serve as Accountable Compliance Officer for social compliance
and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Monitor industry best
practices and regulatory trends in the retail industry.
- Manage a team of Compliance professionals.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the
responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as
assigned or required.What You'll Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree, human resources, business, accounting,
public administration or specific subject matter for compliance
(e.g. law, risk management, audit, food or product safety,
healthcare, environment health and safety)
- CPA, MBA, Juris Doctor or CCEP preferred
- Certified compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP) required
within 24 months of appointment to position
- 10 years experience in compliance related field (e.g. law, risk
management or compliance)
- Experience in leading ESG development, reporting and
- Experience managing projects indirectly across client and
operational organizations, including assisting in the development,
training and assignment of work to other members of a project
- Ability to lead and address diverse groups at all levels of the
organization to achieve a culture of regulatory compliance
- Ability to independently problem solve, analyze and assess,
including report production, conducting trend and risk
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Unquestioned integrity and professional maturity.
- Proven ability to implement compliance programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and develop staff.
- Experience in selecting, implementing, and managing IT
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional environment
without direct authority.
- Self-starter who proactively plans and initiates programs.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple risks and
- Ability to work across all divisions and levels of the
- Experience in process improvement.
- Proven ability to independently problem solve, analyze, and
- Strong project management, organizational and presentation
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.We
opened our doors more than 85 years ago with the goal of helping
people provide for themselves and their family. Today were a
multi-billion dollar retailer with more than 70,000 employees
across six states. Our Midwest geography includes corporate offices
in Grand Rapids, Michigan, plus manufacturing facilities,
distribution centers and over 240 stores across Michigan, Illinois,
Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Wisconsin.Meijer is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
Meijer's policy is to not discriminate because of any applicant or
team member's race, color, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion,
age, physical or mental disability, uniformed service or veteran
status, or any other lawfully-protected classification. If you need
a reasonable accommodation of a disability to complete any part of
your application, please click here to submit your request.
Keywords: Meijer, Grand Rapids , Director of Compliance, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!