Company: 9&10 News - Heritage Broadcasting
Posted on: November 25, 2022
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving,
robust and exciting company with a world class facility and
location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay,
first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside
accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting's roots began on air in 1954 and
we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be
the News Leader in Northern Michigan! Today, we are home to news,
weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW
32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital, ION, and Mane
The Position: No one covers local sports like 9&10 News. That's
why we have branded our sports department to separate it from above
the rest-as MISportsNow. We take pride in covering the 100+ high
schools, as well as the local colleges and universities like
Central Michigan University and Ferris State University. This
position will continue to push the envelope that and bring the
Sports team to new heights as we venture into not only game day
coverage, but also strengthening our original content and
storytelling. This position will lead our sports team as we build
our own sports network-MISportsNow+, and strengthen our livestreams
of niche sporting events and local games. This person will bring
their passion to local sports and instill it into the staff of
reporters and photojournalists, while also creating content
strategies for the department.
- 100% Company Paid Employee Medical and Dental Insurance
- Dependent Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Unlimited Sick Time
- Quarterly Profit Sharing Bonus
- Clothing & Grooming Allowances
- Relocation Allowance
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are
welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you
will find our team members are proud of their contributions,
individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it
all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one
another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds
Responsibilities - Sports Anchor will provide sports reports for
news programs and online properties
- Work with the News Director and other managers to establish
Sports department goals and work to develop and further the grand
of the station's sports programs
- Responsible for managing the analytical reporting for the
Sports Planning team
- Work with other departments to execute special sporting
- Will be someone who embraces social media, OTT and all of our
- Assign daily stories to Sports reporters and Sports
- Perform other duties assigned
- Must have a positive attitude, especially during high-stress
- Should be able to generate story & project ideas
- Proven management and people skills to direct staff
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community
- Thorough understanding of Adobe Premiere software
- A degree in journalism or a related field
- Must have strong organizational, communication and time
- Ability to come up with innovative and creative ideas
In Addition, We Hope You'll Appreciate:
- Great and inspiring company culture. Entrepreneurship
- Rest and relaxation. 3 weeks paid time off. 9 paid
- Comprehensive benefits
- Prepare for the future. 401(k) with a company match to provide
a better future in your retirement years.
- Development opportunities. We are growing which in turn
provides opportunities to grow both personally and
- Ability to live in beautiful Northern Michigan and take
advantage of the sandy beaches to the snowcapped mountains and
everything in between.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern
Michigan. This position will be located at our Cadillac office.
This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests,
trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it's
easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers
something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and
opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited?
Yes? Apply today!
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.
Keywords: 9&10 News - Heritage Broadcasting, Grand Rapids , Sports Director, Executive , Cadillac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!