Treasury Management Director
Company: Union Bank of Michigan
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Position SummaryThe Treasury Management Director is integral in
building the Treasury Management program creating the
products/services and implementation of the platform enhancements
to drive new business into Treasury Management; and leading the
sales process. Responsible for generating revenue through the sales
of Treasury Management Solutions to bank prospects and clients.
Interacts with business partners and external sources to identify
sales opportunities. Achieve product sales revenue expectations and
profitability, while meeting all compliance/risk management
requirements. Conduct educational events for internal partners as
well as external industry groups, centers of influence and
- Leads new product development and product functionality,
pricing, and positioning to ensure profitability and
- Partners on system enhancements and implementations relating to
products and services for Treasury Management.
- Coordinate and be the liaison for the bank for third-party
relationships as it relates to commercial and business credit
cards, lockbox, and others commercial treasury management
- Monitors industry trends and benchmarks and provides feedback
to business managers to ensure best practices are used and
appropriate products are offered.
- Build and maintain a network of business resources and form
relationships with internal and external referral sources
- Work closely with Relationship Managers and Sr. Management to
identify prospective business opportunities.
- Provides education and training to internal bank team on
commercial deposit products.
- Using a consultative sales approach, assesses the needs of
customers to offer Treasury Management solutions.
- Complete Treasury Management sales utilizing the bank sales
model and best practices including recordkeeping in Bank CRM and
various internal reporting.
- Facilitates demos of treasury products and services with
- Responds to RFP's for treasury products and services.
- Promote bank through industry presentations and events, such as
performing educational sessions on Treasury related products as a
resource to area businesses.
- Engage in conversation with customers to identify opportunities
for sales of Treasury Management products and services including
referring to the appropriate staff.
- In collaboration with retail branch management, opens all new
Treasury Management accounts for business customers while cross
selling bank products and services based on customer needs,
including collection of necessary supporting documentation.
- Assists Deposit Operations staff with verification of product
set up accuracy.
- Provides ongoing support to clients on accurate and effective
functioning and use of treasury products and services.
- Assist Branch Manager with consumer loans - quoting rates,
payments, requirements, completing applications, etc.
- Familiar with and abides by all bank regulations including but
not limited to BSA/AML and OFAC.
- Other duties as assigned by EVP, Chief Lending Officer.
Working Conditions of the Job
- Stationed in an office and/or on the computer 25% of the
- Ability to travel to work at different Bank locations and with
clients/prospects at their location.
- No particular hazards on the job.Expectations
- Dependability and reliability to support an environment of
positivity and teamwork.
- Adheres and enforces all established policies and
- Displays the maturity and professionalism that comes with this
- Effectively communicates with internal and external
- Ownership of completing assigned tasks as well as initiative to
take on new tasks as needs develop.
- Upholds professional representation of the bank while in
training atmospheres or outside job functions as well as maintain
professional communication with presenters, trainers, management
and fellow team mates.
- Ability to work harmoniously and collaboratively with all other
departments in a manner that positively grows interdepartmental
- Fosters an environment that ensures goals are met not only for
the department but for the company as a whole.Job
QualificationsEducation & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related
- Certified Treasury Professional Preferred
- 5+ years similar banking/treasury management experience
- Minimum 5+ years prior sales experience preferred.Required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience:
- Extensive Treasury Management Sales Experience with complex
products and technology
- Expert knowledge of internal banking environment and treasury
management products and services
- Superior financial/business acumen and analytical skills with
proven sales and relationship building skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of industry compliance and risk management
- Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, verbal and
written communication between co-workers and customers.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Ability to follow directions and be attentive to details and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to retain confidential information.
- Ability to work independently.
- Exemplify professional appearance guidelines as stated within
the company policies.
- Professional phone etiquette required for both internal and
EEO Statement:Union Bank provides equal employment opportunity to
all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion,
gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state,
federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative
action to ensure that applicants are treated fairly during
employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.This job
description does not list all of the duties of the job. Supervisors
or managers often assign other additional duties. This job
description may be revised at any time. This job description is not
a contract for employment, and either the employee or employer may
terminate employment at any time for any reason.
Keywords: Union Bank of Michigan, Grand Rapids , Treasury Management Director, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!