Account Manager- Employee Benefits
Company: Alera Group
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Lighthouse, an Alera Group Company is seeking an Account Manager
to join their Employee Benefits team. Are you looking to be part of
a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and
make a positive impact? Join a team where each employee is
empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and
build each other up through mutual accountability and shared
success? If that is what you--------re looking for, this is your
chance to be part of an amazing organization! Established in 1995,
Lighthouse is a full-service insurance firm serving communities
throughout Michigan. We are proud, trusted insurance experts
empowering our clients to live confidently knowing the Lighthouse
Team is behind them. As an Alera Group company, our teams have
access to a national pool of industry-leading resources while
maintaining our unique local capabilities, relationships, and
commitment to the communities we serve. We provide the best of both
worlds: national scope and local service. An Account Manager will
work as a critical member of the Client Team by working alongside
Account Executives and a Team Lead in managing the submission and
proposal processes for new and existing clients. An Account Manager
will retain clients by developing strong relationships built on the
highest degree of customer service and technical know-how, and by
delivering proactive services. A successful Account Manager will
increase agency revenue by recognizing client needs and providing
them with advanced technical solutions. Responsibilities
- Manage renewal and proposal processes.
- Develop and maintain strong underwriter relationships.
- Negotiate, on behalf of the clients, with carriers and other
- Engage clients and prospects in gathering and preparing renewal
- Prepare documents and attend client meetings.
- Conduct open enrollment meetings as needed.
- Assist clients in reporting claims and throughout the claim
process as needed.
- Assist with claim follow-up and oversight for clients.
- Perform insurance policy, coverage, and exposure reviews.
- Handle day-to-day service requests (sensitive administrative
- Master internal client management systems including Benefit
Point and Employee Navigator.
- Strengthen client relationships through social engagement.
- Identify and assist in developing cross-selling
- Assist in training entry-level team members.
- Perform projects and tasks as delegated by Account Executive
and Account Team Lead.
- Build positive relationships with other associates.
- Be willing and able to work for and communicate with others to
achieve a common goal.
- Use internal network appropriately to achieve goals.
- Obtain a Michigan insurance license and keep current at all
- Keep up-to-date on industry developments and practices.
- Work closely with carriers and utilize them as knowledge
- Create and maintain a positive work environment -----" build
trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive
- Business experience or related college degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Benefits Administration or
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse
- Strong proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office
- Ability to use both verbal and written communication skills
effectively in both group and one-on-one sessions, altering
approach appropriately according to group needs
- Ability to use and operate a computer and copier
- Ability to read and understand online company manuals and
insurance claims Equal Opportunity Employment We--------re an equal
opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for
employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
disability status. If you--------re a California resident, please
read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.
#pandoIQPandoLogic. Keywords: Compensation / Benefits Account
Manager, Location: Ada, MI - 49355
Keywords: Alera Group, Grand Rapids , Account Manager- Employee Benefits, Executive , Ada, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!