Assistant Director of Nursing
Company: Covenant Living
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Making a difference in the
lives of others that's what working at Covenant Living s is all
about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and
every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From
improving our residents' quality of life, to creating peace of mind
for them and their families, our team members know that as a part
of our community, they are changing lives. Covenant Living, the
nation's sixth-largest nonprofit senior living provider, is seeking
qualified candidates for Assistant Director of Nursing to help in
fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for
our residents and their families by creating a better way of life.
Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part
of our everyday environment and build your health care career in a
supportive, faith-based community.
This position is responsible for the clinical supervision in the
nursing department to insure high standards of care are being
delivered in accordance with established policies and procedures
and federal and state regulations. Supports the Director of Nursing
and will assume functions of the Director of Nursing in his/her
In this role, the Assistant Director of Nursing will:
- Take responsibility for clinical supervision in the nursing
department to insure high standards of care are being delivered in
accordance with established policies and procedures and federal and
- Support the Director of Nursing and will assume functions of
the Director of Nursing in his/her absence.
- Assist the nurse managers in decisions regarding nursing
- Function as Infection Control Practitioner, QA and restorative
lead of the facility.
- Helps coordinate educational offerings for the nursing
- Participate in Medicare and Insurance assessments, completing
worksheets and evaluating conditions and cover ability.
- Monitor and track MDS schedules and therapy minutes for
- Participate in staff oversight including interviewing and
hiring, as well as evaluations and discipline of staff.The ideal
candidate will have:
- An RN nursing degree in the State is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing, preferred.
- Two years of success in a leadership role, in an acute,
sub-acute or longer term care setting, required.
- Current license, in good standing, as a Registered Nurse in the
state of Illinois, required.
- Strong time management, self motivation and organizational
- Excellent skills in assessing problems, planning and evaluating
- Computer and technological literacy, required.For full time
employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Homeare equal opportunity
employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or
ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected
veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other
characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Grand Rapids , Assistant Director of Nursing, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!