Sr. Project Manager Highway Design
Company: HNTB Corporation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: May 15, 2022
What We're Looking ForResponsible managing assigned project(s)
throughout their full lifecycle including developing the scope and
technical sections of proposal and procurement documents to
participating in contract negotiations and overseeing the delivery
of the project plan to successfully accomplish HNTB's 4 for 4
performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to
the client's satisfaction on every project. This position
proactively manages the budget, schedule, technical requirements,
contractual obligations, and client communications in support of
the project's objectives. Provides high level technical tasks while
managing and reviewing design related specifications, calculations,
reports and plans. Coordinates with internal and external partners
including cross-discipline and functional teams to address and
problem solve design related issues or concerns. The Sr Project
Manager - Engineering typically manages multi-disciplinary project
team(s) for one or more mini-mega ($1M to $25M) project management
team.The successful candidate will primarily be responsible
- Leading a team to identify, win and deliver transportation
engineering projects and services with the highest quality, early
or on time, within budget, and to the client's satisfaction.
- As the primary client liaison, develops strong positive
professional relationships with clients based on providing
outstanding engineering services and superior value. Major Clients
are DOTs, local governments, and transportation agencies.
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget as a
business leading to profitable growth.
- Works positively and cooperatively leading or supporting
interdisciplinary engineering teams to innovative and cost
effective solutions for our clients.
- Positively leads and develops less experienced project managers
to consistent excellence through coaching, oversight and monitoring
of work, and professional development/training.
- Coordinates work efforts and reviews work performed.
- Oversees project staffing and coordinates with other
disciplines and offices.
- Ensures consistent quality. Schedules and manages for
integration of quality management during all phases of a
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages $10 to $15 Million project value annually.Preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- 15 years relevant experience in DOT highway design (MDOT
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- INDWhat You'll NeedEssential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of the project scope and fee
quotation and assists in the preparation of technical proposals and
contracts in accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Contracting
- Serves as the primary client liaison and manages the project
team to deliver the scope, schedule, and budgets to completion and
to the client's satisfaction. Leads client contract scoping and
- Performs technical discipline tasks including analysis,
reports, design, specification, and production for assigned
- Implements the firm's project delivery plan using HNTB's
Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project. Leads the
development and the execution of the project management plan.
Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Responsible for/oversees project staffing, including, but not
limited to; recruitment, development, retention and succession of
project staff; development of plan for project staff reporting; and
support for performance and compensation reviews.
- Partners with Client Service Leaders and pursuit champions to
assist with business development, building client relationships,
and pursuit efforts for mega and super mega projects in accordance
with HNTB's Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA). Works with the
project team and marketing resources to prepare appropriate
proposal and presentation materials. Leads proposal development and
interview presentations for strategic, mini-mega or mega projects
to the client as well as general presentations within the industry
- May be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development and
retention of staff, including development of plan for staff
reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and
- Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 12 years of relevant
- 4 years of successful management of engineering
projectsAdditional InformationClick here for benefits information:
HNTB Total RewardsClick here to learn more about EOE including
disability and vetVisa sponsorship is not available for this
position.R-08406 Full Time #NF #HighwaysNOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY
AGENCIES:HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters
or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that
submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the
understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property
of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its
discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting
staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment
agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants
to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement
fees.Job Type: RegularFull/Part Time: Full timeJob Category:
Engineering GroupReqID: R-08406
Keywords: HNTB Corporation, Grand Rapids , Sr. Project Manager Highway Design, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!