Chief Talent Officer
Company: Windquest Group
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 22, 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANYWindquest Group, Inc. is a family-owned,
private investment and enterprise management firm headquartered in
Grand Rapids, Michigan. Simply put, we invest in people and ideas
who aim to impact our city, community, and world. We span diverse
industries - consumer products, manufacturing, wellness, food and
beverage, direct to consumer retail, and sustainability solutions.
This position will provide leadership and support to Windquest and
our family of companies. We invest in people who care and aim to
make our world a better place.At Windquest Group, we strive to
think big, have fun, and hire and develop the best talent! We pride
ourselves on being a motivated, work-hard-play-hard, close-knit
team. We also believe that for our employees to work hard, we need
to provide them with a healthy work-life balance and give them a
full range of benefits. Our employees enjoy medical, dental, and
vision insurance, a generous 401k match, unlimited paid time off,
Flex Fridays, office outings, and paid parental leave, just to name
a few of our perks.*ABOUT THE POSITION*The Chief Talent Officer
(CTO) is critical to our competitive advantage, culture, and
talent. At Windquest, we do not want to adopt merely "best
practices," we want to lead through pioneering the right approach.
In a variety of industries across many organizations, our work
allows us to try new things and pivot as needed. The Windquest
Group's family of companies is growing.The CTO is responsible for
developing and executing our talent strategy in support of the
organizations' overall business plans and strategic direction.
Specifically, this role oversees our total rewards (compensation &
benefits), talent acquisition, succession planning, talent
management, organizational and performance management, training and
development plans, and wellness, including health and safety. The
CTO provides strategic leadership by articulating Talent (HR) needs
and plans to the executive management team, shareholders, and
directors. Your work ensures we deliver on our cultural value of
"hire and develop the best talent." This role reports to our
CEO.*RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES*
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by
overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession
planning, retention, training, leadership development, health,
wellness and safety, compensation, and benefits globally.
- Establish and implement Talent efforts that effectively
communicate and support the company's mission, strategic vision,
and operations objectives.
- Be ahead of the curve on current and pending regulations
changes impacting the business and our talent. Always ensuring we
maintain compliance with our policies and procedures.
- Build a robust culture, recognition, and engagement
- Create an executive-level leadership development program to
build and develop our current and future portfolio leaders.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to each portfolio
company's executive/senior management regarding key talent topics,
including support to boards.
- Work with the company's executive management team to establish
a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the
strategy and objectives of the company.
- Revise recruiting, and retention plans to meet the talent needs
of strategic goals. Create an annual plan for accessing talent
needs and development to ensure proper bench strength.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits
plans that are cutting-edge, competitive, and cost-effective.
- Oversee the creation of talent models to identify competency,
knowledge, and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill
the identified gaps.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization to be an
effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Lead, mentor, coach, and interact with team members at all
levels to support team and individual employee performance,
learning, and career development.
- Provide strategic input and leadership on decision-making
issues affecting the organization, explicitly evaluating potential
mergers, acquisitions, or partnerships.
- Collect, digest, and prioritize talent needs through high
growth periods to ensure proper support and enhanced success.
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Talent
- Address complex employee relations risks and issues, workforce
planning, and compensation management, etc.*EDUCATION AND
- Ten or more years of progressive experience in leadership.
Previous experience at an executive level is preferred.
- Qualities demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset, passion and
intensity, resilience and drive, and high emotional
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Equally comfortable and effective in both the world of strategy
and the world of execution.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
and benefit and compensation plan designs.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and HRIS systems; Ultimate
Software a plus.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with an
aptitude for problem-solving.
- Desire to work as a team with a result-driven approach in a
highly dynamic work culture and environment.
- Detail-oriented, practical organization skills to manage
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management
in a professional and highly dynamic corporate environment.
- Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of
confidentiality.Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Windquest Group, Grand Rapids , Chief Talent Officer, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!