Banquets & Culinary Support Manager
Company: Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 22, 2021
From comfortably casual to lavishly appointed, AHC Hospitality
represents a diverse array of hotels, restaurants, and resorts. Our
team members provide exceptional experiences that delight our
guests at every touchpoint. Whether hosting a meeting for several
hundred, serving a table for two, or creating a beautiful space for
our guests to enjoy, AHC Hospitality is full of opportunities for
our guests, as well as our associates. We invest in supporting your
growth and are a company who sees your success as our success.
Choose a property that fits your personality: the Amway Grand
Plaza, JW Marriott Grand Rapids, AC Hotel by Marriott, Courtyard by
Marriott Downtown - and start your unstoppable career here.This
position is eligible for full benefits (medical, dental & vision),
401K, paid vacation, discounted downtown parking, free employee
meals, hotel and restaurant discounts and more.SUMMARYThe job
purpose of the Banquets & Culinary Support Manager is to assisting
the Director of Stewarding with the organization, execution, and
cleanliness of banquet events and all kitchen facilities and to
help lead the Stewarding associates.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for hands-on day-to-day supervision of the
- Responsible for adherence to hotel service standards, control
of labor expenses, effective inventory management of small wares,
effective scheduling and assuring guest satisfaction.
- Learn and follow all hotel policies and procedures.
- Follow established uniform standards and comply with all other
- Adherence to prescribed grooming and appearance standards
- Practice safety standards and reports all unsafe conditions
- Must have strong ability to work in team environment
- Must be able to multi-task and solve problems quickly
- Maintains good working relationship with all other
- Conducts daily stand-up meetings with stewarding staff to
discuss organization and execution and to resolve any operational
- Oversees and manages all banquet stewarding-related issues and
makes recommendations when necessary on matters of importance to
the Dept. Managers.
- Prepares and follows up on action plans. Assists in performance
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor even during
periods of crisis or uncertainty
- Provide fast and courteous service to our guests.
- Willingness to please guests, ability to get along with
co-workers and supervisors.
- Must possess unwavering standards for cleanliness. DAILY
- Trains all banquet stewards on proper use of dish machines,
organization of banquet facility, disposal of recyclables and
cardboard products and proper closing procedures
- Willingness to perform other duties as assigned
- Oversees the proper requisitioning, receiving and storage of
all chemical products
- Works with the Director of Stewarding to determine proper
scheduling needs for the department.
- Ensures all floors, for banquet facilities and kitchens are
- Responsible for coordinating with the Banquet Chef for
timeliness in banquet plate ups, delivery of food, and coffee
production to the banquet facility and meeting rooms. Assists when
- Responsible for maintaining counts of current inventories and
alerting the manager to any shortages based on established par
- Responsible for conducting quarterly inventories of all banquet
plate ware, stem ware and flat ware.
- Safety training on dish machine equipment; accident reports
written, ensures kitchen equipment is maintained and clean. Reports
needed repairs/replacements immediately.
- Enforces daily banquet facility walk through to ensure quality
of cleanliness and organization meets departmental
- Oversees and ensures that Health Department and CURIO by Hilton
Sanitation requirements are maintained at all times (Information
provided by the Executive Chef)
- Assigning, in detail, specific duties to all employees under
supervision for efficient operation of the department to ensure
quality work is performed
- Maintains all logs and checklists for CURIO by Hilton, and
- Must continually make sound business decisions using a sound
- Assist with maintenance of food areas including inventory and
- Assist with hiring and disciplinary actions within the
- Oversee requisition of all equipment necessary for events
- Oversee maintenance and upkeep of all storage areas
- Manage flow of activity in the kitchen during event
- May be required to assist other departments with setting up
- This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an
inclusive list of job tasks and expectations.QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of culinary or Stewarding management with experience
in high-volume food service.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- ServSafe Certified preferred by not required
- Valid Driver's license. CDL preferred.EDUCATION and/or
- 2+ years Supervisory or Management experience in a hotel or
- 2+ years college degree preferred but not required.
Keywords: Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Grand Rapids , Banquets & Culinary Support Manager, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!