Assistant Vice President - Western Branch Operations
Company: Michigan First
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 15, 2020
1815 Breton Rd. SEGrand Rapids49506SUMMARY:Provides overall
direction to all In-Store and Traditional branch teams involved in
service delivery to members and ensures that service delivery
systems and teams are contemporary and effective. Ensures that the
duties and responsibilities assigned to branch managers are carried
out in an effective, systematic, and cost-effective manner that
will assure maximum member service and service satisfaction.
- Analyzes monthly sales and service results; develops growth
plans and goals. Provides direction, coaching and accountability to
the branch teams.
- Networks within the community to build relationships, create
brand awareness and grow membership.
- Trains and develops passionate leaders that live the In-Store
model that promote growth within each location.
- Analyzes operations to identify areas for improvement and works
with Chief Operations Officer to implement changes to maximize
- Accountable for the service delivery functions of branch
operations that are designed to provide products and services to
- Works with the Chief Operations Officer to develop operational
policies and practices for the Traditional and In-Store branches
and maintains a management information system capable of ensuring
the consistent application of policies and practices in all
branches and for all processes.
- Coordinates with the Marketing Team to ensure the physical
configuration of all service delivery offices and technology (i.e.,
ATM sites) is correct.
- Ensures the maintenance and alteration of office areas and
equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, and housekeeping of the
- Monitors the installation, removal, and changes in telephone,
electronic mail, and facsimile services that are required to
operate the branches.
- Coordinates the priorities of staffing, service development
emphasis, membership and product delivery control, and maintains a
program of ongoing Total Quality Management in each branch.
- Ensures a continuous program of education, training and
development is ongoing at all times, with every team, to maintain
knowledgeable staff and the highest level of competent service
delivery to members.With the Branch Managers, oversees leaders who
manage team members in the traditional and In-Store retailing
functions. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination,
and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with
Michigan First's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
will include training team members; planning, assigning and
directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining
team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Attains and maintains a level of membership satisfaction with
Credit Union products and services that results in increased usage,
both in volume and frequency of use.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports and information, and
appropriate legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
management or members, regulatory agencies, or members of the
- Ability to write reports, speeches or articles for publication
that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to management at all
levels, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including a full working
knowledge and ability to utilize the following software programs
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management plus a minimum of five
years of experience in a similar capacity in the banking services
function of a bank, credit union, or savings and loan.
- Familiarity with the Credit Union's data processing system
including input requirements, output capabilities, system
maintenance, upgrading, and general operations.
- Must be certified as a Notary Public for the purpose of
verifying signatures, executing documents and obtaining
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Word processing (i.e. Microsoft Word, WordPerfect)
- Spreadsheets (i.e. Excel, Lotus, Quattro Pro)
- Financial management software, as might be applicable from time
to time to the service delivery function of the Credit Union
- Fully knowledgeable in Credit Union terminology and acronyms
commonly utilized in the day-to-day communication with staff,
policymakers and others involved in the Credit Union. Michigan
First Credit Union was founded more than 90 years ago by educators
and now delivers world-class service to more than 150,000+ members
at our branches throughout Michigan, and we're growing! We offer
financial solutions for every life stage and seek to positively
transform our members' lives through personalized service that
meets their unique needs. Simply put, Michigan First Credit Union's
sole mission is to provide the highest quality member experience.
Working here, you'll get to participate in a strong culture
centered around service, professionalism, and growth. Michigan
- 450+ team members
- 35 locations spanning the Lansing area, Grand Rapids and Metro
- Industry leader in community support and charitable giving
through the Michigan First Foundation
- Member Services Call Center operates 24/7/365
- Current assets of more than $920 million AwardsMichigan First
Credit Union has been the proud recipient of:
- 2019 Channel 4 - Vote for the Best - Credit Unions (1st
- 2019 Channel 4 - Vote for the Best - Mortgage Lenders (1st
- 2019 Best & Brightest in West Michigan (Elite Winner)
- 2018 Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces
- 2018 Best & Brightest in Metro Detroit
- 2018 Best & Brightest in the Nation
- 2018 Crain's Coolest Places to Work in Michigan #10 spot out of
- 2018 Best Credit Unions to Work For
- 2018 Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency - Certified Veteran
Friendly Employer - Bronze Level Benefits:
- Perks of joining our award-winning team include:
- Competitive pay
- A low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefit options.
Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) - 100% match up to 5% deferral
- Tuition reimbursement for both Undergraduate and Graduate
- Access to a complimentary concierge service that assists with
nearly any item on your to-do list
- Free, state-of-the-art fitness center at our Lathrup Village
headquarters with exercise equipment, showers and locker rooms
- Wellness initiatives and events throughout the year to help
team members stay healthy
- Loan discounts for certain secured and unsecured loans and
- Opportunities for pay increases, incentives and profit-sharing,
based on performance
- Onsite bowling center Michigan First Credit Union is an Equal
Keywords: Michigan First, Grand Rapids , Assistant Vice President - Western Branch Operations, Executive , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!