Company: Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Position: -- Traffic Engineer
Location: -- Grand Rapids, MI
Job Id: -- 332
# of Openings: -- 1
Traffic EngineerLocation :--Grand Rapids, MIAbout FishbeckFishbeck
is one of the premier professional consulting firms in the nation,
with technical expertise in transportation, with 14 regional
offices and more than 450 staff members. Engineering, environmental
sciences, architecture, and construction management are the
cornerstones of Fishbeck's services and integrated project
approach. With the technical capabilities and understanding to take
even the largest projects from initial concept to completion, we
are a hands-on, design-oriented practice at heart. Our team of
experts takes pride in our commitment to reliability in design,
connection to our clients, and creativity at our core.Primary
ResponsibilitiesFishbeck is currently initiating a search for a
talented, ambitious Traffic Engineer for employment in our Grand
Rapids, MI offices. This position requires self-motivation,
commitment to high-quality work performance, capability of being
self-sufficient, excellent planning and communication skills, and
the ability to work with other staff in a project team environment.
This position will provide the ideal candidate an opportunity to
work on exciting projects and grow along with our team. Essential
- Traffic impact studies, safety studies, signal optimization,
and traffic forecasting.
- Intersection and roadway traffic modeling.
- Roundabout analysis and geometric evaluation.
- Report writing.
- Assist with traffic signal design and operations.
- Manage tasks and mentor staff.
- Assist with traffic engineering tasks working with
transportation staff in MI, OH, and IN offices. Minimum Physical
RequirementsOccasionally exposed to light lifting, sitting, and
walking. Will perform duties in the field and will be required to
access and maneuver around project sites and use a computer.
Capable of traveling to and from projects is required. Ability to
use equipment for communication and documentation purposes. Visual
acuity to perform responsibilities.Desired EducationBachelor of
ScienceDesired MajorCivil EngineeringDesired Job Experience
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer license in Michigan.
- 5-8+ years of experience.
- Experience with ITE Trip Generation Manual and traffic
- Preferred knowledge of MDOT traffic standards and
- Experience with Highway Capacity Software, Synchro, Vissim,
Rodel, and MicroStation software.
- Excellent computer and verbal communication skills is a must.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc., Grand Rapids , Traffic Engineer, Engineering , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!