Sr.Network Engineer - Security
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 20, 2023
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you
work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community
opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and
development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career
and your community! Meijer Rewards
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth Please
review the job profile below and apply today! . Meijer is seeking a
Senior Network Engineer with broad experience of network security
architecture. The applicant would demonstrate a high level of
proficiency with a wide variety of firewalls, site-to-site / client
VPN technologies, firewall rule management, NGFW security
technologies, network security troubleshooting, and network
security operations. The Senior Network/Security Engineer is
responsible for all levels of engineering and/or analytical tasks
and activities associated strategic direction and leading design,
development and analysis activities, as well as, ensuring decisions
are made as a team across ITS, business, and vendor stakeholders.
Leads or participates in implementation of related architectures,
the identification and selection of requirements or new
technologies. The scope of these responsibilities encompasses
Network, and Security architecture across the entire Meijer
organization - Corporate, Retail Operations, and Supply Chain.
Remote and Hybrid Work Schedules Available - Must live within the
Meijer footprint Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin,
Kentucky Or, be willing to relocate. What You'll be Doing:
- Lead or assist in designs for assigned technologies based on
direction set by strategy, architecture and customers.
- Implement identified solutions, making suggestions to ensuring
a cost-effective and efficient infrastructure environment to
provide the resources essential to enterprise operations.
- Lead or assist in the implementation of test plans including
functionality, integrity and stress testing.
- Lead and/or participate in IT projects intended to continually
improve the IT infrastructure such as establishing requirements and
evaluation of new solutions required to meet a business needs or
make more cost effective.
- Address large service issues/events engaging all resources
needed to work through collaboratively identifying root causes and
establish work-arounds to restore service.
- Develop a working knowledge of Meijer specific network, and
- Acts as internal consultant to other ITS and business customers
on applicable technologies.
- Works on multiple technical projects with responsibility to
develop and maintain comprehensive project plans/schedules and use
these to provide management with accurate and complete status
- Utilizing DevOps skills for automation, observability, AI,
- Performs activities in accordance with standards, guidelines
- Mentors junior team members on same or other teams as
appropriate.This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of
the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as
assigned or required. What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's or equivalent required.
- 7+ years of related experience in ITS infrastructure or
engineering environments developing, implementing and supporting
similar technologies and services.
- 7+ years of related experience in technical services for
hardware/software engineering and production support of the areas
of responsibility listed above.
- Multiple certifications related to assigned area(s) of
technology a plus.
- Experience in multi-platform environments.
- Superior knowledge of a broad range of network technologies is
desired, including from among the following: Network: Edge & Core
Switching, SD-WAN Routing, Firewalls, LAN/WLAN/WAN, management of
ISPs, routing protocols i.e BGP, Radius & TAC-ACS, DNS/DHCP,
Network based Application Load Balancing, VPN services, Cloud
Networking, Cradlepoint, Cisco ISE/NAC technologies, and structured
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and
apply it to business needs.
- Solid understanding of the enterprise business and business
processes; awareness of business unit functions and cross-group
Keywords: Meijer, Grand Rapids , Sr.Network Engineer - Security, Engineering , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!