Roof Maintenance Mechanic
Company: Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated
Location: Comstock Park
Posted on: March 18, 2023
How we support the Whole You: Our benefits are a good reason to
come to JLL.We are committed to hiring the best, most talented
people in our industry, and then empowering them with the resources
and support to enhance their health, financial and personal
well-being. Our underlying benefits philosophy is this: be fair to
our people and provide opportunities for those who take advantage
of our programs and resources to increase their personal and
financial security.Benefits to eligible employees, include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% of salary
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible Work Arrangements may be available
- Executive BenefitsIf this job description resonates with you,
we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the
requirements below. We're interested in getting to know you and
what you bring to the table! Directly support the Kalamazoo
Facility Skilled Trades Operations Team with on-going facility
responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Primarily assigned to ensuring client roofing remains stable,
safe and leak free.
- Takes proactive steps to identify leaks and notify contractors
of needed repairs,
- Assigned to leading personnel onto roofing areas in a safe
- Ensures that everyone going onto roofing is safe and areas are
- Performs routine audits of roofing and reports back
- Enforces safety and roof protocol including harnessing, lo/to
- Walks and coordinates roof permits and close outs.
- Performs roof PM's.
- Maintains records of roof conditions and roof repairs.
- Recommends improvements, changes or new techniques and
- Ensures proper equipment and supplies are available to complete
- Monitors jobs to ensure quality and proper compliance with job
- Performs duties of a roofer when necessary.
- Understands and/or maintains computer database and departmental
material safety data sheets inventory. Other Duties may include,
but are not limited to:
- Maintain lighting systems including bulb replacements,
- Assist operations team in maintenance and repair of building
- Provide 3rd party vendor support as needed,
- Maintain and repair site infrastructure assets such as
Concrete, asphalt, building shell, windows, doors.
- Maintain and repair Exterior painting, storm basins, fences,
gates or any other exterior facilities assets.
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence
efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory
client occupancy and operations.
- This position requires the employee to be on call for
- Comply with all safety procedures, good housekeeping and safety
of work areas.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances,
Codes, or Laws.
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational
process training programs.
- Documents work performance and materials procurement as
- Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected
- Practice Defensive Driving at all times.
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver's
- Update work order status in real time.
- Utilize CMMS systems such as 360 Facility for all work
- Perform Vehicle Safety Inspection.
- Escalating problems or issues to Customer and Manager in a
- Attend work and safety meetings as required.
- Safely use a ladder within the manufacturer's guidelines.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Safely access crawl spaces, attics, confined spaces, roof tops,
- Work outdoors in various weather conditions as needed.EDUCATION
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 3-5 years roofing experience
- Trade certificates or licenses a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes
- Knowledge and skills in use of roofing tools and material
- Superior customer service skills and orientation
- CMMS and/or data base experience a plusLocation:-Kalamazoo,
MIIf this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to
apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements. We're
interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the
table!About JLL -We're JLL-a leading professional services and
investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have
operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 102,000
individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers
and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune
500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive
sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That's why
we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate
for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to
create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real
estate solutions for our clients, our people and our
communities.Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are
also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be
recognized with awards for our success by organizations both
globally and locally.Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where
we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full
potential is important to who we are today and where we're headed
in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed
together. JLL Privacy Notice Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together
with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider
of real estate and investment management services. We take our
responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us
seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you
are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's
recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information
secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as
we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then
delete it safely and securely. For more information about how JLL
processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy
Statement . For additional details please see our career site pages
for each country. For candidates in the United States, please see a
full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action policy here . This position may require you to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to
provide proof that you're fully vaccinated upon your start date.
You're considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the
second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna)
or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson &
Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may
result in termination. Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you
need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any
part of the employment process - including the online application
and/or overall selection process - you may contact us at
Accommodation Requests . This email is only to request an
accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries
to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Keywords: Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated, Grand Rapids , Roof Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering , Comstock Park, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...