Senior Specialist Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Title: Senior Specialist Manufacturing Engineer
Job ID: IMS20220610-91621
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI
In this position, the candidate will plans, direct, and coordinates
manufacturing processes in an aviation manufacturing facility. They
will develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods utilizing
lean manufacturing concepts and initiatives. Operational objectives
are reduced mfg cycle times, 1st pass yield, continuous flow and
finite resource allocation (fixed batch size). They will also
researches new technologies and techniques in lean manufacturing,
and will work to improve assembly standards, training and
certification processes in support of the lean initiative. They
will also organize the workplace for optimum material flow and best
utilization of workers time.
* Set the work flow expectations in each work cell using resource
synchronizing techniques to level the resource utilization of
people, machines, and time.
* With a key focus on cycle time reduction, engineer the work flow
for a specified capacity, and to determine the capital and human
* Develop the work cell design parameters for each family of
product. These parameters are designed with the cooperation of the
work cell members, the planner and supervisor, and others with
ideas. The goal is to specify the resource requirements to produce
a specific batch size work order, and to provide parameter rules
for job release in support of finite resource allocation.
* Set and monitor performance to standards to manage process
capability, and look for ways of improving the process cycle
* Monitors quality and yield, and act as the technical liaison
between the production team and product design for timely
resolution of problems.
* Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and
workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum
efficiency. Conversant in the Operations Division ISO procedures
and systems, and is capable of maintaining and evolving such
procedures and systems as needed in a continuous improvement
* Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design
and tooling to ensure efficient production methods, which may
include the investigation and justification of capital
improvements, facility layouts, and new technology implementation.
Represents manufacturing in product analysis situations, such as
warranty and FRACAS investigations.
* Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and
arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and
evaluates products according to specifications and quality
* Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related
costs to provide information for management decisions.
* Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding
manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other
considerations to facilitate production processes.
* Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing
requirements and potential, and to provide corrective or
preventative actions necessary to control and improve
* Project oriented, able to form and lead cross functional task
teams to resolve broad based organizational issues such as those
concerning planning, process development, new product introduction,
and product lifecycle quality and reliability issues.
* Act as technology resource for the operations department, able to
lead improvement assignments using latest developments in Agile
Manufacturing, Lean Manufacturing and Visual Systems
* Responsible for day to day quality assurance activities to assure
internal and external drawing and regulatory requirements are
* Act as quality liaison for MRB (material review board) activities
under authority of the Quality Director, supports customer
visitation and source inspection activities, and performs 8130 ship
* Perform sustaining engineering activities on assigned products,
in concert with product design sustaining engineering. Generate,
review, approve and implement engineering change notice (ECN)
activity as required.
* Performs job duties in a manner consistent with established
L3Harris Ethics Standards.
* Observes established safety rules and regulations; including, but
not limited to the use and maintenance of required personal
protective equipment such as safety glasses, etc.
* Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing , Industrial Engineering or
* Six (6) years related work experience supporting a production
* Ability to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure
manuals and work instruction process in English.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Experience in avionics industry.
* Electronics background is a plus.
Keywords: L3Harris, Grand Rapids , Senior Specialist Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!