Posted on: August 5, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers,
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with full year 2021 revenues of $18 billion
and approximately 71,000 team members working at more than 260
sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts,
Performance Solutions, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving
advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions
for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial
truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the
aftermarket.Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play
powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered
solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria
pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified
powertrains.The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for applying
engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and
continuously improve manufacturing processes and products within a
manufacturing plant environment.Our recruiting team is ready to act
immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition
to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a
personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on
moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication.Responsibilities:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by applying machine, process
and product design improvements through knowledge of fabrication,
tooling, assembly, and materials
- Develops manufacturing processes
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work
flow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing
methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities;
establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by
calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing
production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing,
and summarizing information and trends.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and
repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and
established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer
programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and
- Designs, develops, and supervises the building, installation
and initial operation of all equipment to improve existing
mechanical manufacturing processes in the Greenville plant.
- Designs tools and dies as necessary and maintains and updates
- Coordinates with Manufacturing and Quality departments on
machine design, practices, and concepts.
- Maintains operational follow-up on equipment designed to
determine need for modifications.
- Reviews plant manufacturing operation for potential areas of
equipment improvements for cost reduction consistent with
development and equipment costs.
- Furnishes prints and operating manuals for all equipment
designed or installed.
- Supervises technical and mechanical help involved in the
development and installation of project items.Reviews all project
work of the Designers.
- Coordinates the work of the Designers and Machine
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related fieldSKILLS &
- 2-5 years in Engineering or related Manufacturing experience
- Strong computer skills
- AutoCad/Mechanical Drafting experience preferred
- Developed troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Siemens/Allen Bradley experience helpfulAn Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
Keywords: Tenneco, Grand Rapids , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Greenville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!