Electrical Engineer I
Company: Bradford White
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Throughout a history dating back to 1881, we have evolved over
decades of product refinements to introduce some of the most
high-performing, technologically advanced, and energy-saving
products to the world market. While competitors moved production
out of the country, we invested in America, and our perseverance
has paid off.
Today, with headquarters in suburban Philadelphia and manufacturing
operations in Middleville and Niles, Michigan and Rochester, New
Hampshire, Bradford White Corporation is fully equipped to deliver
the technology-advanced, energy-efficient products that bring
reliable and efficient heating solutions to the world.
Our Bradford White Canada operation, in Halton Hills, Ontario,
offers training, and features a full-service parts operation, large
electric product conversion services, and a state-of-the-art
distribution center to support customers across all of Canada.
The Electrical/Hardware Engineer will be responsible for the design
and development of microcontroller-based controls and electronic
subassemblies used in electric, gas-fired and hybrid water
- Design and develop or modify current microcontroller-based
control systems, components, or integrated circuitry used in
electric, gas-fired, solar, and hybrid water heaters
- Design and test to regulating agency standards such as UL, FCC,
CE, CSA, etc.
- Responsible for electronics design or component selection in a
high-volume, low-cost manufacturing environment
- Write or make code modifications for microcontrollers
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Hardware design for low-cost, high-volume electronic
- Demonstrated knowledge of Electrical/Hardware Engineering
principles with a practical, hands-on approach
- Experience in or knowledge of the following:
- Circuit design
- Component selection
- Tolerance analysis
- Electro Magnetic Compatibility concerns and how to address
- Board layout (creepage, clearance, trace routings, size)
- Exhibited attention to detail
- Familiarity with fundamental principles of engineering
(electrical and software related)
- Understanding or ability to write or make code modifications is
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
or related technical field
- 0-5 years' experience in designing hardware for electronics
controls (HVAC or appliance applications preferred)
- Experience in high-volume, low-cost hardware design
Bradford White offers a competitive wage and benefits package
including multiple medical plans including a Consumer Driven/High
Deductible Health Plan with no per paycheck deduction and a
$60/$120 per pay check HSA contribution with the completion of an
annual wellness plan, two retirement plans and a "birthday holiday"
as part of the paid time off package.
Keywords: Bradford White, Grand Rapids , Electrical Engineer I, Engineering , Middleville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!