Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: Plasma International (Recruitment Services) Ltd
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Senior Electrical Engineer required for rapidly expanding
developer of Lithium Ion battery systems for leisure and industrial
e-mobility applications. -Our Client has developed an innovated
lithium-ion battery technology able to provide high performance
power solutions to a variety of leisure and industrial and
commercial mobility applications. -To ensure their high levels of
commitment to their customers is maintained, they now seek to
recruit a highly adept Senior Electrical Engineer for their
facility based in Michigan. -The Principal Electrical Engineer will
play a leadership role in the development of hardware specific
requirements, architectures, and designs. This individual will be
responsible for the successful development and release to
manufacturing of portions of the hardware to be utilized in battery
pack and charger products for various markets and customers. The
projects may have varying levels of complexity and ambiguity
thereby requiring that the candidate possess appreciable
initiative, originality, ingenuity, and excellent problem-solving
skills. -The ideal candidate will have excellent circuit design and
analysis skills, electrical engineering experience and preferably a
great understanding of power electronic circuits.
- Lead hardware engagements with various external and internal
customers to define requirements and create specifications.
- Work cross-functionally with various global design sites to
develop, test, and validate robust analog and digital hardware
architectures to meet said specifications.
- Lead electrical hardware component selection/optimization for
microcontrollers and battery/charger management devices.
- Generate schematics, layouts, simulations, BOMs, GERBER files,
WCA including derating and power stack up analyses for assigned
- Lead bring up and debugging of new hardware prototypes
including necessary modifications to components/interfaces. Provide
reports on performance and conformity to customer
- Support EMI/EMC/transient/environmental/validation testing and
required changes to ensure compliance to applicable standards.
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with new product introductions from conception all
the way through start of mass production of battery systems for
- Experience with battery management systems and/or high voltage
is a plus.
- Experience with EMI, EMC, electrical and validation testing of
battery packs is a plus.
- Experience with designing to functional safety standard
ISO26262 is a plus.
- Must have a solid understanding of digital and analog
circuitry. Strong understanding of DC power electronics is
- Must be able to create schematics and high density PCBA
- Experience with electrical ECAD modeling systems (i.e. Altium,
Orcad/Cadence) required; Altium preferred. -This is an excellent
opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic company focussed on
the development of innovative battery power solutions -Interested
Electrical Engineers should apply without delay
Keywords: Plasma International (Recruitment Services) Ltd, Grand Rapids , Senior Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Elwell, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!