Specials Engineering Lead
Company: Fleetwood Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Fleetwood's "Specials" capabilities offer a strategic advantage
over competitors through our industry leading efficiency, accuracy,
and operational excellence. This position will lead and develop the
process of modifying existing products to meet the needs of our
customers, dealers, and A&D firms.
Our Specials Engineering Lead will:
- Facilitate a cross-functional team of Engineers, Designers,
Manufacturing leaders and Sales coordinators to determine the
feasibility and viability of special requests from customers,
furniture dealers and A&D firms.
- Discuss critical viability decisions with the Executive
- Collaborates with the Executive Leadership team to make
critical decisions regarding the viability of special product
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding company specific Specials
- Continuously improve and shape our Specials processes and
- Generate initial quotes for special product requests not yet
won by leveraging:
- Cost and BOM of similar products
- Standard manufacturing costs
- Estimated material costs
- Estimated engineering time
- Special upcharges.
- Coordinate input from Purchasing and Manufacturing resources to
gather up-to-date material costs, production process routing
information, and labor rates to ensure quoting accuracy.
- Assign and manage tasks, once special product order is
received, for the cross-functional team. Kick off steps needed to
generate Manufacturing Orders including:
- Identifying nonstandard materials
- Initiating tasks for manufacturing to optimize materials to
determine amounts required
- Assign purchasing of special materials
- Assign engineering resources
- Ensure Manufacturing Orders are produced to meet company
metrics (time and margin)
- Document metrics for continuous improvement Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or
related field required
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in any of the following
fields: Engineering, Purchasing, Furniture Manufacturing
- Basic knowledge of Bill of Material and Routing
- Experience with INFOR XA ERP or related manufacturing software
- Basic knowledge of SolidWorks preferred.
- Comprehension of engineering drawings.
- Understanding of purchasing and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge and practice of Servant Leadership strongly
preferred. Position Requires Excellence in:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal relationships
- Organization and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related
Keywords: Fleetwood Group, Grand Rapids , Specials Engineering Lead, Engineering , Holland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!