Company: Flex-N-Gate Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Scope of the Position The Automation Engineer develops, edits,
maintains, and troubleshoots automated actuators, Programmable
Logic Controllers (PLCs) and motion controlled programs on
manufacturing equipment and machinery. The Automation Engineer
develops, edits, maintains, and troubleshoots automated actuators,
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and motion controlled
programs on manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Instruct and train all team process engineers and die setter in
'real time' trouble shooting techniques. This includes basic
electrical, mechanical and pneumatic functions of the robot and
- Develop, organize and improve spare parts inventories.
- Participate in the advanced product quality planning activities
for the development of control plans.
- Provide technical support for the production floor on a daily
basis to meet production efficiency goals.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement, including
cycle time reductions, and root cause analysis.
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders,
controllers, or other equipment.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding,
specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental
Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field preferred but
experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing technology
- Competency with Allen Bradley PLC programming hardware and
- Competency with Allen Bradley Operator Interface hardware and
software (primarily Panel View series)
- Ability to specify, assist with installation, debug and
start-up of electrical control and power system equipment.
- PLC programming skills necessary to make a machine function
properly and safely.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and
Project.Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple projects.Core Competencies
Troubleshooting and Problem SolvingCommunicationTeam WorkRoot Cause
Analysis - - Benefits
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability
insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous
learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation timeWhat do our employees have to
say?"It engages you professionally, and provides learning
opportunities.""Lots of growth opportunity.""The company's young
enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable."Not just a
job-a great place to work!Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Flex-N-Gate Corporation, Grand Rapids , Automation Engineer, Engineering , Evart, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!