Company: Andrie / Inland Lakes Management
Location: Grand Haven
Posted on: January 15, 2022
- Coordinates activities of SIU crew engaged in operating and
maintaining propulsion system and other engines, boilers, deck
machinery and electrical, refrigeration, and sanitary equipment
- Inspects engines and other equipment and sees that Engineers
repair or replace defective parts.
- Assistant Engineers maintain and operate vessel propulsion
systems and regulates power transmission to control speed of
- Assistant Engineers stand engine room watch during specified
periods, observing that required water levels are maintained in
boilers, condensers, and evaporators, load on generators is within
acceptable limits, and oil and grease cups are kept full.
- Repairs machinery, using hand tools and power tools. Instructs
each crew on how to do jobs and switches if needed.
- Maintains Engineering log and bell book (orders for changes in
RPM and direction of propulsion shaft).
- Discipline of employees is delegated to all Engineers as a group,
and they must as a consensus group accept responsibility to act in
interests of the employer regarding SIU contract regarding
grievances and contract administration. Have authority to resolve
grievances at their level and beyond.
- Assistant Engineers have responsibility as a group to hire and
engine room personnel to oversee engine department and assign,
discipline and adjust grievances on behalf of the company. Will be
involved at all levels of the process.
- Reviews with Engineers weeks activities to ensure group cohesive
- Coordinates priorities.
- Assists Chief Engineer in supervising conveyor department.
- Reviews company policies and attends company meetings.
U.S. Coast Guard license.
Level and pay commensurate with experience.
Keywords: Andrie / Inland Lakes Management, Grand Rapids , Assistant Engineer, Engineering , Grand Haven, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!