Fire Sprinkler Technician
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Fire Sprinkler TechnicianCertaSite is a fast-growing fire and
life safety company. Fire and life safety is our passion. It's all
we think about. We leverage our hard-earned expertise to give
people peace of mind, confidence, and more time to pursue their
core businesses. Our purpose is to protect and provide a meaningful
impact to as many lives as possible while delivering the most
dependable and simplified life safety solution on the planet.Since
2018, we have grown from four to 14 markets serving over 14,400
customers throughout the Midwest. We are now looking to expand into
the Wisconsin market and are looking for skilled life safety
technicians to help us continue our mission to protect as many
lives as possible.The OpportunityAs we grow and expand into new
markets, we are building a team that loves what they do and has fun
doing it. If you are looking to be challenged every day and for an
opportunity to make a huge impact and grow with a mission-driven
company focused on the customer, we hope you will consider this
amazing opportunity.Learning & DevelopmentOur commitment to
innovation is at the core of CertaSite that puts us on a path of
continuous improvement and personal and professional development
and achievement. Our CertaSite Academy provides professional
opportunities to grow in your technical ability and your earning
potential. From mentorship, hands-on training, and industry leading
curriculum, our designed learning paths now provide life safety
professionals a career not just a job.The RoleWe are looking for an
experienced life safety technician who has a passion for the
customer and life safety. The perfect candidate has 5+ years of
experience in the fire protection industry and can successfully
perform inspection, testing, service and repairs of fire sprinkler
systems and related components for compliance with applicable
life-safety and fire-safety requirements as mandated by standards
and codes, manufacturers requirements, federal, state and local
ordinances, customer requirements, and the expectations and
requirements of the company.Primary Duties and
- Perform inspection and testing of all types of fire sprinkler
systems at the required frequencies in accordance with the
requirements and instructions contained in NFPA 25.
- Troubleshoot and perform service and repair of fire sprinkler
systems and related components.
- Record and document all inspections, repairs, discrepancies,
and recommendations either electronically or manually.
- Maintain a good positive relationship with the customer and
pass on information to the appropriate personnel for follow up,
quotes, questions, or concerns.
- Maintain vehicle in clean and orderly fashion. Keep vehicle
stocked with parts, equipment, and supplies, necessary to perform
- Maintain equipment and tools necessary to safely perform
- Evaluate customer site for additional equipment and services
that customer may require.
- Work in compliance with the Company's safety program.
- Perform on-site and/or off-site (phone) emergency
troubleshooting of sprinkler systems.
- Test backflow prevention devices as required by NFPA 25 and
state and local codes. Separate certification requirements may be
necessary based upon the jurisdiction.
- Discuss deficiencies noted with customer, explaining the
problem and its resolution.
- There may be situations which require work on nights, weekends,
and/or holidays. For some locations, these demands will be more
frequent or required than others. Discuss this with your
- Must be comfortable with heights, working on ladders or lifts,
or in confined spaces.Qualifications:
- Must possess the ability to calculate basic math including
fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to understand and
operate basic computer functions, operating systems and software
applications such as Windows, Word, Apple IOS, Android and Outlook.
In addition, required to learn and use industry specific devices
- Must currently have a valid U.S. driver's license.
- State license or NICET certifications for the state in which
you are applying is desired. In addition, employees may not have
prior experience but have the potential and willingness to learn.
The training and testing required to obtain a license or
certifications is provided and paid for by the company.Skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
- Overtime may be required and the number of hours may vary based
on work location.
- May be exposed to all kinds of work environments. Varying work
environments from hot to cold temperatures and exposure to
- Occasionally asked to travel overnight to a customer
- Must successfully pass a lift test up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of toolboxes, equipment, parts,
tools, equipment, cabling, and/or wiring.
- Frequent ladder climbing and checking, pulling wire, etc.
- Walking, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, and raising
- Driving is required and the amount of time driving may
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this
position in accordance with safety standards.Company Overview:About
CertaSiteCertaSite is a fire and life safety company. That means we
keep people and property safe. At the most basic level we ensure
our clients are compliant with code. But that's where we take off;
we also go above and beyond compliance to leverage our hard-earned
expertise to give people peace of mind, confidence, and more time
to pursue their core businesses.Headquartered in Indianapolis, IN,
CertaSite has grown from four markets to 14 markets since 2018 and
is continuing to expand into new markets across the
Midwest.Benefits of a career at CertaSite
- Work at a mission-driven company, focused on people
- Comprehensive medical plan options, including dental and
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, and paid paternal
- Education reimbursement program and learning paths with bonus
potential and opportunity to increase your wage with each level
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- 2021 growth plan includes continued growth and expansion into
new markets and products and services
Keywords: CertaSite, Grand Rapids , Fire Sprinkler Technician, Engineering , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!