Lead Sustaining Electrical Engineer
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Eaton's Fuel & Motion Control Systems division, a part of our
Aerospace group, is currently seeking a Lead Sustaining Electrical
Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Grand
Rapids, MI office.
The Lead Sustaining Electrical Engineer will lead momentum product
improvement initiatives and support manufacturing improvement
projects. Assignments will be predominantly focused on reliability
and quality improvements of Eaton's Grand Rapids momentum products,
which would include but is not limited to Motor Controllers, DC
Motors, electrical circuit boards, electromechanical actuators, and
other related components.
The incumbent will report to the Engineering Manager, Electronic
Products. Additional responsibilities include trouble shooting of
electronic hardware at the component level and supporting
management of electrical component obsolescence with Eaton RMS
Engineering and suppliers.
The incumbent is expected to provide technical support to the
operations personnel, new product development team, procurement
group and customers as required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Drive momentum product improvements through engineering
analysis, redesign and testing of electro-mechanical actuators and
- Sustain product viability through proactive evaluation and
redesign of hardware with obsolete components.
- Develop test plans, specifications and general test procedures
for requalification activities; coordinate requalification testing,
advise laboratory personnel supporting efforts, evaluate test
results and develop test reports.
- Support PRO Launch for Runner New Product Development (NPD) and
Supplier Product Transfer initiatives.
- Work with Supply Chain, Customer Service and High-Performance
work teams (HPWT) to support and drive cost reduction initiatives
and promote growth through product reliability and quality
- Support customer service product inquiries regarding momentum
- Read and interpret internal, industrial and customer product
specifications and make recommendations for enhancements based on
engineering analysis and field data.
- Support FRACAS system development, tracking and metric
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in electrical engineering
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of Grand Rapids, MI will be
considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with reliability and/or quality engineering
- Experience working with momentum-based products, including, but
not limited to: motor controllers, DC motors, actuators, electrical
circuit boards, electromechanical components
- Experience troubleshooting electronic hardware
- Knowledge of supplier activity
- Ability to support management with electrical component
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical design principles
- Strong product design ability (Both new product & product
- Knowledge in engineering report and specification writing
- Ability to make recommendations on product designs, strongly
influence product costs, and capital investments.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and presentations for
internal and external customers, including design reviews,
non-advocate reviews and technical coordination meetings.
- Thorough knowledge of product applications, product design
techniques, engineering processes, and engineering standards.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-Michigan-Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids MI Loc
AER HQ Headquarters
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :094459
Keywords: Eaton, Grand Rapids , Lead Sustaining Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!