Medical Education Fall 2019 Intern
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Back to Search Results
MEDICAL EDUCATION FALL 2019 INTERN
* Grand Rapids, MI
* Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
* Intern - Days - Varied Hours, 8-4:30pm
* Posted: January 18, 2019
Apply Now Save Job Saved
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families
re-build their lives. It s extraordinarily meaningful work and the
reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When
patients Ask for Mary, they experience a culture that has been
sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully
listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of
every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians
and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited
rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults
each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation,
orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the
most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an
exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses
and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical
outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients
throughout the state with access to our unique standard of
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Provides support to the Medical Education Team on daily tasks and
projects, which will give the intern gainful experience in the
Hospital Administration and Medical Education field.
This is a part time, unpaid internship.
Essential Intern functions: The Medical Education internship will
be tailored to match the intern s skills and help in developing new
skills in the hospital administration and education field. A
sampling of job assignments and projects are listed below. The
intern may work in all of these areas or just a few.
* Recruiting speakers for various education events.
* Producing necessary speaker documents for various education
* Assist with continuing education credit application for the
* Generating and distributing continuing education award
* Onboarding of Allied Health students/ nursing students, medical
students and residents.
* Orientation packets for new clinical and non-clinical
* Data tracking of evaluations of educational offerings.
* Assist in coordinating weekly education events and periodic
conferences and workshop/seminars
* Assist with clinical and non-clinical affiliation agreement
updates and inventory tracking
* Provide assistance to the Mary Free Bed Network Education Site
Coordinators in obtaining access to broadcast events and necessary
Essential Intern Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training
* Completed course work in Business field with an emphasis in the
healthcare field. Student should be a junior or senior level
student at an accredited business college.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and
* Proven ability to create graphs, forms and databases and
* Internet and web experience.
* Competent language, spelling, and grammar skills with the ability
to proof business documents.
* The ability to demonstrate initiative and responsibility, perform
multiple tasks, attend to detail, meet deadlines, adapt quickly to
changes, and respond well to feedback.
* Good interpersonal and telephone skills.
* Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force
occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); able to lift, carry, push,
pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; able to sit for the majority of
the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking
or standing; able to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
* Nutrition Aide Grand Rapids, MI
* Organizational Development Summer Intern Grand Rapids, MI
* Patient Coordinator Grand Rapids, MI
* Board Certified Behavior Analyst Grand Rapids, MI
* Marketing Writer Summer Internship Grand Rapids, MI
Not the right fit*
Join our Talent Network to opt-in to all our current and future
opportunities! Join our Talent Network
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Grand Rapids , Medical Education Fall 2019 Intern, Education / Teaching , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!