Medical Education Fall 2019 Intern
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Back to Search Results
MEDICAL EDUCATION FALL 2019 INTERN
* Grand Rapids, MI
* Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
* Intern - Days - Varied Hours, 8-4:30pm
* Posted: January 18, 2019
Apply Now Save Job Saved
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients Ask for Mary, they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Provides support to the Medical Education Team on daily tasks and projects, which will give the intern gainful experience in the Hospital Administration and Medical Education field.
This is a part time, unpaid internship.
Essential Intern functions: The Medical Education internship will be tailored to match the intern s skills and help in developing new skills in the hospital administration and education field. A sampling of job assignments and projects are listed below. The intern may work in all of these areas or just a few.
* Recruiting speakers for various education events.
* Producing necessary speaker documents for various education events.
* Assist with continuing education credit application for the various disciplines.
* Generating and distributing continuing education award certificates.
* Onboarding of Allied Health students/ nursing students, medical students and residents.
* Orientation packets for new clinical and non-clinical students.
* Data tracking of evaluations of educational offerings.
* Assist in coordinating weekly education events and periodic conferences and workshop/seminars
* Assist with clinical and non-clinical affiliation agreement updates and inventory tracking
* Provide assistance to the Mary Free Bed Network Education Site Coordinators in obtaining access to broadcast events and necessary documents.
Essential Intern Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* Completed course work in Business field with an emphasis in the healthcare field. Student should be a junior or senior level student at an accredited business college.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Proven ability to create graphs, forms and databases and summarize results.
* Internet and web experience.
* Competent language, spelling, and grammar skills with the ability to proof business documents.
* The ability to demonstrate initiative and responsibility, perform multiple tasks, attend to detail, meet deadlines, adapt quickly to changes, and respond well to feedback.
* Good interpersonal and telephone skills.
* Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; able to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; able to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic. Share:
* Senior Employment Specialist Grand Rapids, MI
* Contact Center Agent Grand Rapids, MI
* Business Office Coordinator Traverse City, MI
* Purchasing & Inventory Assistant - Lakeshore (Holland/Muskegon) Holland, MI
* Business Office Coordinator - Metro Health Outpatient Grand Rapids, MI
Not the right fit*
Join our Talent Network to opt-in to all our current and future opportunities! Join our Talent Network
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Grand Rapids , Medical Education Fall 2019 Intern, Education / Teaching , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!