Company: Zatkoff Seals & Packings
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Description: The Administrative Assistant facilitates the
efficient operation of the office by performing a variety of
clerical and administrative tasks. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Answers and transfers phone calls, screening when
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and
phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing,
database management, and other applications.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct
them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for
records, correspondence, and other material.
- Handle production work specific to the public accounting
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and
understanding why they react as they do.
- Computer Skills - Ability to operate spreadsheet, word
processing and email programs.
- Teamwork - Ability to function within a group of co-workers and
learn to work with different types of people.
- Confidentiality - Ability to keep client and employee
- Willingness to be helpful and work overtime as needed.
Requirements: Required Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint,
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as
recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently. Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times. Schedule: This
is a full-time, non-exempt position with a M-F, 8am - 5pm schedule.
Benefits: Zatkoff offers the following benefits for full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Profit sharing
- Annual performance bonuses Additional Information: Zatkoff is
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Zatkoff is
committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job
applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job
related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender
identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status
protected by law. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is
required for all positions, and certain positions may require
specific types of legal work authorizations. IndeedSponsored PM21
Keywords: Zatkoff Seals & Packings, Grand Rapids , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...