VITA Office Assistant
Company: Davenport University
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 19, 2021
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful.
With over 150 years of providing quality education under our belts,
thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world
with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of
faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU
means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting
impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we
serve. Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts
VITA Office Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Academic-College of Business
WORK LOCATION: Grand Rapids - Lettinga Campus
POSITION PAY RANGE: $10.10-10.50 (Please note: Actual pay offered
will be commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience,
the type of role, pay equity and available funding)
This position acts as an assistant to the Davenport University VITA
(Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Program, performing clerical
office functions related to daily operations and scheduling of tax
appointments for clients at DU's Vita tax sites. These
responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with
the University's mission, vision, and values which include
diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating client
appointment schedules and record keeping systems for DU's
student-run VITA tax sites.
- Greet callers or visitors, answer incoming calls and voice
mails, and forward messages to the appropriate VITA Site
- Schedule and confirm tax appointments and maintain the
individual site appointment calendar.
- Generate reports, correspondence, spreadsheets and graphics,
and other materials using various software programs.
- Copy and collate documents.
- Ensure tax clients are aware of all important tax documents/
information necessary to prepare the tax return
- Assist with special events and functions as needed.
- Handle of documents while maintaining complete
- Provide GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the
needs of our customers.
- Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
- Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations
and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations
associated within athletics or other role specific
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be work study eligible
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours as an
undergraduate student or 3 credit hours as a graduate student while
meeting the standards of academic progress
- Ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized
data systems (PC and mainframe).
- Excellent interpersonal skills that transcend diverse
audiences; communicating to university customers with positive
attitudes toward change, confidentiality, and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with
a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission
of the University.
- Experience with editing and adapting materials to meet client
needs. Ability to work with a variety of subject matter.
- Business office environment. Prolonged sitting and
- Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand
- Some travel between locations may be required (own
transportation). No regular lifting requirements, occasional
lifting up to 35lbs
Keywords: Davenport University, Grand Rapids , VITA Office Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!