Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Financial Controller Needed / $120k-$150k / Grand Rapids MI /
Aerospace and DefenseThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Michael OktayAre
you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and
sending us your resume.Salary: $120,000 - $150,000 per yearA bit
about us:Based in Chicago, IL, we are an aerospace and defense
precision machining company.Why join us?Competitive
CompensationComprehensive Medical, Dental, vision
- Close monthly financial statements within three days of month
end, which include preparing bank reconciliations, importing &
processing electronic transactions, reconciling credit card
statements, valuing inventory, and accruing payroll and
Paid-Time-Off. Establish procedures for improving the time taken to
close financial statements, such as accruing open purchase
- Maintain the internal asset depreciation systems.
- Determine part profitability of shipped parts as well as
project profitability of work-in-process. Establish consistent
profitability reporting while communicating and working with other
departments to improve profitability.
- Oversee/Assist in the forecasting of cash requirements and
receipts. Ensure customer receipts are received on time and cash is
posted via company ERP and reconciled to the bank. Complete weekly
check run and maintain controls so that payments are accurate based
upon agreed-upon quantities and pricing.
- Continuously analyzes the performance of accounting procedures
and identifies and implements opportunities for improvement both
within the accounting departments and other departments.
- Own the annual budgeting process by working with internal and
external stakeholders. --- Develop overheard rates based on budget
- Assist in the forecasting of cash requirements.
- Project the profitability of the sales backlog into daily
proforma forward-looking financial statements.
- Project future overhead rates.
- Comply with all PAC policies. Requirements:
- 4-10 years of financial accounting experience
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- An understanding of GAAP reporting.
- Understanding of operational aspects of manufacturing
- Detail-oriented and hands-on in accounting, cost analysis, and
- Eligibility to work with sensitive controlled data and
materials according to ITARs policy and practice.
- CPA and/or MBA a plus but not requiredInterested in hearing
more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Grand Rapids , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...