- - - - Oversee all accounts, general ledgers, and reporting
systems ensuring compliance with the Company's accounting policies,
governing accounting principles, and regulatory requirements.
- - - - Manage the monthly financial close and consolidation
process across multiple entities and investor groups.
- - - - Preparation of various reports for management including
monthly financial statements and associated analysis at the
community, regional and consolidated levels.
- - - - Lead a team of finance professionals responsible for day to
day finance operations.
- - - - Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, business plans
- - - - Assist Operations in the development and implementation of
action plans to eliminate budget variances.
- - - - Effectively communicate, follow, and enforce the Company's
established policies and procedures by monitoring and auditing
compliance, reviewing reports and data related to operational
processes. - Correct all violations or infractions and implement
measures and tools to prevent deficiencies.
- - - - Manage and coordinate external accounting partners in the
preparation of financial statements, income tax filings, and
- - - - Champion and implement continuous improvement initiatives
to attain "best in class" process and procedures.
- - - - Facilitate and advise on the development of new financial
and accounting systems as required by management as dictated by the
growth of the organization.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- - - - Strong business acumen, with the ability to focus on
continuous improvement and an ever-changing environment.
- - - - Strong decision making and problem solving skills, knowing
when it is appropriate to delegate tasks.
- - - - Work independently as well as in a team environment
- - - - Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established
- - - - Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced
- - - - Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees
and external customers
- - - - Bachelor's degree required.
- - - - 10+ years professional experience in managerial accounting
and finance (Controller, assistant controller, or senior
- - - - Minimum 5 years' experience leading and supervising others,
with the proven ability to develop employees, provide guidance,
direction and training, transfer knowledge and promote a positive
- - - - Highly proficient with MS Office Suite (intermediate or
advanced abilities in Excel).
- - - - In-depth knowledge of SAGE 50 (Peachtree) or similar
software (3+ years).
- - - - Strong leadership abilities to mentor, motivate and
- Availability to work evenings and weekends when necessary,
including occasional overnight travel.
- - - -CPA/CMA and/or MBA preferred.
- Experience in development & construction of new business
locations preferred: project accounting, construction draws,