Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Credit/Collections Specialist
Company: Varnum LLP
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Varnum LLP is looking for three Accounting & Finance positions
to join the Grand Rapids office - Accounts Payable, Accounts
Receivable and Credit and Collections Specialist . These are
full-time positions working Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00
pm. Please specify the desired position(s) with application
materials. Join Varnum's team of professionals! The ideal
candidates will be detail-oriented and highly organized. Essential
to these positions are a strong commitment to service to our
clients as well as our attorneys. Our benefits include paid parking
in our downtown ramp, competitive medical, dental, and vision
insurance, 401k profit sharing, and many others.Accounts Payable -
This position is responsible for monitoring the outflow of capital
for the firm. Primary responsibilities include:
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and
other financial reports with account balances and other office
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification
of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment,
identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order
amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling
monthly statements and transactions.
- Records entry of, verifies documentation for, and distributes
petty cash.Qualifications: High school diploma required; A minimum
of two years of college or university courses, preferably
accounting or business-related courses or equivalent work
experience.Accounts Receivable - This position is responsible for
monitoring ensuring the firm receives payment for services. Primary
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and
transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address
changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer
accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the
assistance of the Collections Manager and other staff.
- Collaborates with the Collections Manager to reconcile accounts
receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the
- Assists reconciling revenue accounts each monthQualifications:
High school diploma required; A minimum of two years of college or
university courses, preferably accounting or business-related
courses or equivalent work experience.Credit and Collections
Specialist - This position will have responsibility for the intake
of new clients through the collection and resolution of those
account. Primary responsibilities include:
- Work directly with attorneys and clients to resolve delinquent
accounts, using procedures that drive positive inventory
management, reduce write offs and minimize older receivables.
- Perform credit reviews, monitoring the risk of new and existing
- Provide financial analysis of monthly revenue goals, inventory
trends and develop action plans.
- Together with the billing team, ensure all invoicing is
efficiently delivered to clients and unique billing arrangements
are properly addressed.
- In collaboration with the cash application team, ensure timely
and accurate postings of client payments.Qualifications: BS or BA
in Accounting or Finance required; A minimum of three years
relevant experience.Job ID: 150
Keywords: Varnum LLP, Grand Rapids , Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Credit/Collections Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!