Accounts Payable and Credit/Collections Specialist
Company: Varnum LLP
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Varnum LLP is looking for two Accounting & Finance positions to
join the Grand Rapids office - Accounts Payable and Credit and
Collections Specialist . These are full-time positions working
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please specify the
desired position(s) with application materials. Join Varnum's team
of professionals! The ideal candidates will be detail-oriented and
highly organized. Essential to these positions are a strong
commitment to service to our clients as well as our attorneys. Our
benefits include paid parking in our downtown ramp, competitive
medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k profit sharing, and
many others.Accounts Payable - This position is responsible for
monitoring the outflow of capital for the firm. Primary
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and
other financial reports with account balances and other office
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification
of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment,
identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order
amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling
monthly statements and transactions.
- Records entry of, verifies documentation for, and distributes
petty cash.Qualifications: High school diploma required; A minimum
of two years of college or university courses, preferably
accounting or business-related courses or equivalent work
experience.Credit and Collections Specialist - This position will
have responsibility for the intake of new clients through the
collection and resolution of those account. Primary
- Work directly with attorneys and clients to resolve delinquent
accounts, using procedures that drive positive inventory
management, reduce write offs and minimize older receivables.
- Perform credit reviews, monitoring the risk of new and existing
- Provide financial analysis of monthly revenue goals, inventory
trends and develop action plans.
- Together with the billing team, ensure all invoicing is
efficiently delivered to clients and unique billing arrangements
are properly addressed.
- In collaboration with the cash application team, ensure timely
and accurate postings of client payments.Qualifications: BS or BA
in Accounting or Finance required; A minimum of three years
relevant experience.Job ID: 150
Keywords: Varnum LLP, Grand Rapids , Accounts Payable and Credit/Collections Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!